PDA

View Full Version : Poker prophecy worthless for multi-table selection

AA suited
05-10-2005, 06:23 PM
i can only have 1 table up at a time. and when i sit at a table, PP will only work for that table.

if i bring up new tables, it'll still get ITM % of the players of the table i'm sitting in /images/graemlins/frown.gif

or am i doing something wrong?

zaphod
05-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Poker propechy is not worthless. Today it showed that the dealer was a pro at one of the tables i was playing. So now i know that next time the dealer is pushing it is an insta fold.

Freudian
05-10-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Poker propechy is not worthless. Today it showed that the dealer was a pro at one of the tables i was playing. So now i know that next time the dealer is pushing it is an insta fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see how it helps the dealer. I can't see how it helps you.

zaphod
05-10-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see how it helps the dealer. I can't see how it helps you.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Ok, what i meant was the next time the dealer is pushing at level 1 i know it is an insta fold.

AA suited
05-10-2005, 10:08 PM
no no no

i mean for table selection not after i already bought it.

i 4 table. pp only works for 1 table at a time. after i buy in, it no longer works for table selection. it will ALWAYS select the table i'm sitting in to disply ITM% of players.

Nicok7
05-10-2005, 10:17 PM
At least you got it to display something...

ewing55
05-10-2005, 10:18 PM
I've been having the same problem, but I just got it to work. NO GUARANTEE.

1) Only works when you have just sat down.
2) Leave the "Hide Full Tables" checked (against the advise of the Prophecy instructions.)
3) Select your new table in the tables window.
4) Wait for the players window to populate with the players, but BEFORE the tables window updates and removes you table.
5) Click on the "Get Statistics" button in Prophecy.

Prophecy will on search the table available to it (which is the tables listed in the tables windows. It shouldn't find the other table you have been playing on for a while, so it will just update the table selected.

Bingo!

Now if you see me at the table, you must leave me and my money alone!

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!

--------------Jeff

PS. I just had someone at one of my tables refer to it as Poker Profeces. (I know a lot of people will agree.)

Scuba Chuck
05-10-2005, 10:23 PM
Ewing's method has worked for me also.

Although I really don't care for the graphics of the overlay. In fact, I find it annoying. Does anybody know how to turn it off, once it's on?

Scuba

TheUsher
05-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Don't just use the overlay. Just type in the nicks manually and refer to it whenever you have some tough decisions while in a hand. Other than that... just type real fast querying players trying to figure out where to sit whenever you join new sng's.

Edit: Does the new overlay work with multi-tables now?

Skipbidder
05-10-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You already did something wrong.
You patronized a lying spam-artist.
I wish a minor curse upon you for this. I hope you spill your next beer.

Make sure you jump ship fast if Party ever decides that the overlay violates their terms and conditions and starts appropriating funds. Remember, captain assclown has displayed an antagonistic attitude toward Party Poker (claiming that there really isn't anything they can do about his product), which is very different attitude than that displayed by the PokerTracker guy.

TheUsher
05-10-2005, 11:46 PM
I could understand your argument stating that Poker Prophecy might not be tolerated by Party Poker in the future, but the overlay aspect shouldn't tip the scales for Party banning it. If they hated all overlay products, you'd be seeing PokerOffice/Playerview/Gametime/etc type of products banned too.

Skipbidder
05-11-2005, 12:15 AM
I wouldn't be worried about Gametime. He worked closely with Party to make sure that his product was acceptable to them. I don't know about the others.

The guy from prophecy bragged that Party couldn't do anything to stop him. These forum posts have certainly been forwarded to Party, probably multiple times.

My warning about potential poker prophecy prohibition at Party Poker is probably projection. Wishful thinking on my part.

ewing55
05-11-2005, 12:17 AM
In Version 2.1, under Preferences, just uncheck "Write stats on Party Poker." No more crappy looking stats on your Party Tables.

------------Jeff

Scuba Chuck
05-11-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In Version 2.1, under Preferences, just uncheck "Write stats on Party Poker." No more crappy looking stats on your Party Tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I've tried that. Unfortunately, it only cleared one table up. So the other three are still full of all the stupid stats.

I'll probably just get used to ignoring them in general. I only care about the really high stats and the really low stats anyway.

tminus
05-11-2005, 12:22 AM
do the stats still obscure some cards?

Newt_Buggs
05-11-2005, 12:40 AM
have they gotten the overlay working on empire yet?

ChoicestHops
05-11-2005, 12:47 AM
I have a similar problem. It shows players stats on old tables where I have been knocked out on a new, current table.

This is on Empire, btw. However, honestly I dont mind that much, I dont use Prophecy for the on table stats anyway. Im simply interested in were players in the SnG ladder stand.