PDA

View Full Version : huh?? JTs

Alobar
05-10-2005, 06:05 PM
cleaning out my email folder and I found this hand history that I never posted. No idea if I had reads at the time

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

sthief09
05-10-2005, 06:09 PM
I gaybet the turn and definitely raise the river

sethypooh21
05-10-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, we are enlightened here, donkbet the turn. Other then that, yup.

Alobar
05-10-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I wish I knew if I had reads, cuz my play here is pretty weak. I think I was scared of the SBs flop cold call and wanted to get to the river cheaply

Surfbullet
05-10-2005, 06:16 PM
I check-call the turn.

Betting and getting raised sucks because you have odds to call, but you lost money on the move b/c there aren't enough players for your pot equity.

Since the flush draw picked up I think it's very unlikely that button will check the turn, but if he does you don't mind the free card because you have so many ways to improve - and you can't protect your hand from overs because they are calling a single turn donkbet anyway.

I raise the river, SB looks like a scared 7 that is too afraid to c/r b/c the flush just hit(esp after the flop cold-call...i'd expect a turn raise from a 7 but he could have been going for an overcall.)
His holding is nebulous but I don't expect a boat or a better flush out of him very often.

Button's shown strength and may well call 2 with a T or a PP, making a river raise even better.

Surf

Chobohoya
05-10-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I wish I knew if I had reads, cuz my play here is pretty weak. I think I was scared of the SBs flop cold call and wanted to get to the river cheaply

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you put him on a seven? Any particular reason? What about the other dude?

helpmeout
05-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Now why would a 7 gaybet the river when he could have checkraised the turn or even gaybet the turn? He knows one person either has a 7 or a flush on the river.

With no reads I'd assume the ten is dropping to a river raise and your low flush could be beat by a higher flush or a boat.

I think calling the river is fine.

Surfbullet
05-10-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now why would a 7 gaybet the river when he could have checkraised the turn or even gaybet the turn? He knows one person either has a 7 or a flush on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I don't know - but I've seen some odd stuff.

As i mentioned in the previous post, SB called 2 cold on the flop and donkbet the river- this looks far more like a scared (or poor kicker) 7 than a backdoor flush...hero has the only pair + backdoor flush on the flop - because of the flop coldcall I think the flush is far less likely than a 7 or T.

The other villain has shown lots of strength, and rare is the opponent that can fold TP here, or even a PP. I think the raise has quite a bit of value here.

Surf

Victor
05-10-2005, 06:55 PM
at least raise the riv.

sthief09
05-10-2005, 06:56 PM
since when to random 5/10 6m players ever fold top pair? the button likes his hand. he's not folding for 2 bets

helpmeout
05-10-2005, 07:09 PM
When the board is paired and there is no reason for people to call in a small pot without a better hand.

Do you really think the average 5/10 player is going to call 2 bets on a flush/paired board with a pair of tens?

bobbyi
05-10-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I check-call the turn.

Betting and getting raised sucks

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, but having the turn check around also really sucks.

Surfbullet
05-10-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I gaybet the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a stop-and-go, no?

Surf

Surfbullet
05-10-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

When the board is paired and there is no reason for people to call in a small pot without a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once raised on the river this pot is about 11bets -villain has shown aggression with his hand and i find it very unlikely that the average 5/10er is capable of folding top pair here. If I sucked out on him with my runner-runner flush, then by god he's going to make me show it to him.

Surf

Surfbullet
05-10-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Agreed, but having the turn check around also really sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. I guess it depends on how likely villain is to be on the flush draw. At the 5/10, which is generally passive, I think the average player is more likely to have a made hand than try a free-card play.

There's also the possibility that button raises and SB 3bets a 7 (cold called 2 on the flop) - that'd really suck. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Surf