PDA

View Full Version : Dipping My Toes in - PS 5/10

sethypooh21
05-10-2005, 05:12 PM
No real read on villain, aside from table chat (going on when I sat down) which implies some degree of tilt. Is there another raise in here somewhere?

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

Joe826
05-10-2005, 05:19 PM
I'd cap the flop. Given the fact that your raise really looks like a steal, the board has lots of draws on it, and you have reason to believe he's on tilt, I think this is an easy cap. You could also wait till the turn and raise again there - maybe provided no diamond comes.

If he leads the turn after you cap then I guess i'd probably slow down, especially if some of the draws get there.

NLSoldier
05-10-2005, 05:35 PM
5/10 should definately go in small stakes.

Joe826
05-10-2005, 05:40 PM
huh?

brassnuts
05-10-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny cuz I just read NL's post and actually said aloud, "Huh?"

Chobohoya
05-10-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think this about all the 5/10 hands posted, or just most of them?

Fiddler
05-10-2005, 05:45 PM
I think I like a flop cap followed by a call-down or bet if checked to. If he is tilting he will almost certainly call-down with any worse made hand and you don't expose yourself to a 3-bet on a big street. Unless you know what to do if he 3-bets? Personally I'm not sure I do... tilting players can do a lot of weird stuff. I should know. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

sethypooh21
05-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Notice the part where it says (6-handed)...

bobbyi
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think this about any 5/10 hand that is not played heads up or shorthanded. This forum is only supposed to be for heads up and shorthanded hands, so I find it annoying when people post six- or seven-handed hands here.

Similarly, 6-handed 1/2 hands belong in micro. Whether they were played at a six-max or a nine-max or a ten-max table is completely irrelevant.

Alobar
I pop the turn

Alobar
05-10-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think this about any 5/10 hand that is not played heads up or shorthanded. This forum is only supposed to be for heads up and shorthanded hands, so I find it annoying when people post six- or seven-handed hands here.

Similarly, 6-handed 1/2 hands belong in micro. Whether they were played at a six-max or a nine-max or a ten-max table is completely irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, maybe im missing some more sarcasm here, but saying 6 handed hands belong out of this forum....is well...uhm.....just plain wrong

bobbyi
05-10-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Note is the part where it says this forum should only be used for "Heads-up and Short-Handed"?

Alobar
05-10-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Note is the part where it says this forum should only be used for "Heads-up and Short-Handed"?

[/ QUOTE ]

6max is considered short handed....at least for the purposes of this forum

bobbyi
05-10-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, maybe im missing some more sarcasm here, but saying 6 handed hands belong out of this forum....is well...uhm.....just plain wrong

[/ QUOTE ]
No sarcasm. This is the "Heads-up and Short-Handed" forum. Why would hands that are neither heads up nor shorthanded belong here? I don't think "because lots of people post them here already" is a sensible answer.

brassnuts
05-10-2005, 05:54 PM
I thought this forum is pretty much the 6-max forum. Maybe a new forum should be made?

Alobar
05-10-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No sarcasm. This is the "Heads-up and Short-Handed" forum. Why would hands that are neither heads up nor shorthanded belong here? I don't think "because lots of people post them here already" is a sensible answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont post here much do you? As far back as I can remember this forum has been for 6max and under hands

J.R.
05-10-2005, 05:56 PM
shut up

bobbyi
05-10-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you dont post here much do you? As far back as I can remember this forum has been for 6max and under hands

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, I remember when this forum was created and the time I don't think 6max games existed yet. At that time, Paradise may have just created their 5max games, but posting any hand played online pretty much got you flamed anyway.

sethypooh21
05-10-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me X-post in Small Stakes and see how many "This belongs in HUSH" posts I can get in 15 minutes...

(or not...)

Alobar
05-10-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, I remember when this forum was created and the time I don't think 6max games existed yet. At that time, Paradise may have just created their 5max games, but posting any hand played online pretty much got you flamed anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

well since you are such a regular (your account isnt old enough, why the alias change?), you should realize where this forum is now, and realize that your little rant holds no merit here.

bobbyi
05-10-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well since you are such a regular (your account isnt old enough, why the alias change?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure if you really care about the alias change but since you asked: It would be impossible for my account to be "old enough" because when I started reading there were no registered accounts. You just typed in a name (and, optionally, an email) when you posted (and you could type anything, so nothing prevented you from pretending to be someone else). When they started using this software, I was mostly lurking and then took some time off, so I didn't bother registering an account until I was really posting again.

Chobohoya
05-10-2005, 06:09 PM
This reply is a response to a previous post, but in case you're threaded, I wanted you to see it.

Many of the posts in this forum deal with the 5/10 and 10/20 6max games. If you are going to flame every post about these games, many of which are 6-handed, then you're going to get to carpal/tunnel really fast. However you should know this already, and I'm not sure why you would continue to argue about it.

Jeff W
05-10-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose you consider only 4-handed or less to be shorthanded poker?

1. That distinction is arbitrary.
2. Moving 6-max posts to other forums would result in HUSH's demise and burden the other limit hold'em forums with even more posts.
3. Most small stakes and micro limits posters are not equipped to analyze 6-max hands.

SomethingClever
05-10-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, that's dumb. Very few micro posters know squat about 6-max play.

helpmeout
05-10-2005, 07:03 PM
This is fine, why would you want to raise again?

If he has you beat it'll cost you more and if he doesnt have you beat he'll fold.

I dont know what drugs NLSoldier and bobbyi are on. I assume NL thought he was in mid-high-stakes.

Scotch78
05-10-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
shut up

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott

Alobar
05-10-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If he has you beat it'll cost you more and if he doesnt have you beat he'll fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I think with the action coming from the BB (in a steal situation) he is going to call you down with a weaker Q or 7. Tho waiting till the river to raise might be better as you arent as likely to get 3 bet. But the river could bring some cards you wont want to raise

Bluffoon
05-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Is anybody goinna discuss this hand?

Seth why wouldnt you play the party 5/10 short? That has to be softer that the 5/10 at PS no?

sethypooh21
05-10-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Seth why wouldnt you play the party 5/10 short? That has to be softer that the 5/10 at PS no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my party account stands at $0 for one thing, while my stars account has considerably more. I dunno, the Stars 5/10 is, for whatever reason, softer then the Stars 3/6 so far as I can tell. Have had no problem finding 5 tables with 45% saw flop. Plus, I just like the Stars software SO much more, it's going to suck to finally move back to the evil empire...er Party.

Joe826
05-10-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No need -- my analysis was perfect /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Wynton
05-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Here's my heroic effort to turn this thread back into a discussion of the hand:

I think you should raise the turn, simply because I think it's possible that the guy may not bet the river or even call the river.

(But if I'm wrong, just remember that I'm only saying this to rescue the thread.)

Surfbullet
05-10-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm a big fan of letting the tilty guy bet away his holdings. If you put in 1 too many raises he may come back to his senses and give up his bottom pair, or deuces, or whatever. But if you just keep calling they'll always keep firing IMHO.

Surf

Wynton
05-10-2005, 09:09 PM
I think the trick is figuring out how tilty he is, and in what way. Yes, some people will come to their senses on a raise. But others might react to the raise with more futile aggression, suspecting their opponent of putting a move on them.

"Tilt" really is an unduly vague term. We need terminology to distinguish each subtle form of tilt.

Surfbullet
05-10-2005, 09:19 PM
That's very true. Distinguishing the types of tilt, and types of maniacs, is crucial. If he'll keep putting in raises, then by all means, encourage him to do so.

Most tilt cases aren't as full-blown in my experience, and there is a point at which they'll recover - and calling can at times serve to further encourage the undue aggression.

Surf