PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Good Enough Reason to Play Stud?

hogua
05-10-2005, 04:56 PM
As almost everyone here knows, Bodog has a bottomless 20% reload bonus. To clear $1 of it, you need to earn 3 points.
The catch for HE players is that you points are only awarded for raked hands in which you contribute to the pot. If the rake is between $1 and $3, and you contributed to the pot, you get one point.

Bodog's bonus would be VERY EASY to clear by playing stud.

Since you have to ante every hand, you contribute to every hand. So, if the pot is raked at least $1, you get a point. Three hands and you get $1. It sounds pretty easy to me, providing you can put up with playing stud.

However, there is a catch for stud players as well. The catch is that there rarely are any stud games going.

This is a shame, because if there were games going, Bodog's stud tables could be just as good as Games Grid's (VFP before the rules changed).

Anyone interested in setting a time for 2+2ers to head over there and get some games going?

hogua
05-10-2005, 06:05 PM
I guess not. LOL.

I'm not too surprised as stud is going the way of the dinosaur. Too bad, I start off playing only stud (7 and 8OB), and thought this would be a good excuss to go back down that old one more time.

bobbyi
05-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Are you sure that they count anteing and then folding on third street as contributing to the pot? I understand that technically it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't count.

TobDog
05-10-2005, 06:40 PM
They should, Prima used to the same way for bonus and other "raked hand" requirements. Of course, you are putting $ in every hand too. The problem is with almost everyone playing some form of holdem now, the stud games are probably rock gardens or at least not very +ev

hogua
05-10-2005, 06:51 PM
From Bodog's Poker Point's page

[ QUOTE ]
Ring Games: You will accumulate Bodog Poker Points by playing in ring games when you have contributed to a pot that is raked. Points are awarded based on the following table: Rake Points
$1.00 - $3.00 1.00
$0.50 - $0.95 0.50
$0.25 - $0.45 0.25
$0.05 - $0.20 0.10

[/ QUOTE ]

You contribute to a pot when you put money into it. Antes are money that you put into the pot.

hogua
05-10-2005, 07:05 PM
At 1/2, 2/4 and 3/6 the pot gets raked 25 cents for every $5.00 in the pot. You get a half a point for hands raked at $.5-1 and a full point for hands raked at $1 or more.

At $2/4 or $3/6 it won't take much to earn at least a half a point for a hand. (antes, and two bettors to 5th street and you're there).

Synergistic Explosions
05-10-2005, 07:55 PM
7 Stud H/L would be an awesome game to clear this bonus. Especially if they had three or four games of it going on at the same time. It could be .50/1.00 limit and it would still clear that bonus quickly. 1/2 would be even better.

You have a good idea. You should post these ideas in some of the other poker forums also. Who knows, you might get what you wish for in time. I'd be playing there if they got off the ground, Stud or H/L or one of each even.

lane mcbride
05-10-2005, 08:12 PM
I'd be willing to play .50-1.00 stud hi lo

timprov
05-10-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you sure that they count anteing and then folding on third street as contributing to the pot? I understand that technically it is, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't count.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do. I ran off a $100 bonus there really fast playing stud/8. Unfortunately I've been needing my money elsewhere, so haven't yet been back.

I doubt it's worth it at anything less than 1/2, but at 1/2 and 3/6 it cleared ridiculously fast. And while there aren't many stud players there, the few there are are often quite bad.

It's a good place for beginner stud players like me, as it's almost impossible to lose with the bonus overlay.

Synergistic Explosions
05-10-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be willing to play .50-1.00 stud hi lo

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm playing the one and only stud game they got going. It is H/L .50/1.00.

I made my first deposit here just now to see how fast this bonus can be worked off at this game for myself.

Shoe
05-10-2005, 08:42 PM
How exactly does the bodog bonus work? I have heard it is "bottomless" does that mean you have an unlimited bonus to work off, or do you need to keep withdrawing and redepositing to get more bonii?

hogua
05-10-2005, 08:47 PM
It an endless reload. 20% of whatever you deposit. You must clear the bonus before you withdraw or you lose it. Of course, you can redeposit at will, so no big deal.

Synergistic Explosions
05-10-2005, 08:49 PM
I just made my first deposit. They add 20% bonus to each deposit. Plus they let you play with it before you earned it. You can't withdraw until playing the number of raked hands needed.

I think stud H/L is a great way to earn it now that I played it for half an hour. I earned 3 bucks in bonus for half an hour playing one .50/1.00 stud H/L game. If there were three or four of these games going I'd be playing here alot.

hogua
05-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Sounds great!

I agree, we just need to get some more tables going.

naschburger2
05-11-2005, 01:11 AM
If you want to play stud to clear a bonus try a site called totalpoker.com. Also counts only contributed hands but has plenty of stud games and any deposit gets paid $30 after 100 raked hands and $70 more after 400 more. Easiest bonus to clear using stud. I cleared it playing 10cent 20 cent stud just for the heck of it but there are much bigger stud games.

twankerr
05-11-2005, 03:17 AM
What kind of ante system do they use for the various levels?

lane mcbride
05-11-2005, 05:37 AM
the .50-1.00 table is a ten cent ante with a 25 cent bring in... not sure about the others.

BigBluffer
05-11-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you want to play stud to clear a bonus try a site called totalpoker.com. Also counts only contributed hands but has plenty of stud games and any deposit gets paid $30 after 100 raked hands and $70 more after 400 more. Easiest bonus to clear using stud. I cleared it playing 10cent 20 cent stud just for the heck of it but there are much bigger stud games.

[/ QUOTE ]

The information on their web site indicates that the bonus is only an Initial Deposit Bonus, and that the clearing requirements are Raked Hands (RH), not Contributed Raked Hands (CRH). Where do they state that ANY deposit gets the bonus and that the clearing requirements are CRH?

hogua
05-11-2005, 10:13 AM
It's on Bodog's bonus page under the heading reload bonus...

link (http://www.bodog.com/bonuses/reloadBonus.jsp)

BigBluffer
05-11-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's on Bodog's bonus page under the heading reload bonus...

[/ QUOTE ]

You were talking about the totalpoker bonus. I'm familiar with the BoDog bonus, but that's not what I'm asking about. Can you point me to a page on the totalpoker site that confirms what you said about ANY reload getting the bonus and not just the First Deposit? Thanks.

naschburger2
05-24-2005, 03:51 PM
bigbluffer it is only an initial deposit bonus sorry if I was unclear. I went back to look at what they said on the web site and you are right but I like to check before I play on the definition of a raked hand and here is my inquiry and there response.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
please let me know what the definition of a raked hand is for earning the bonus. Is it a raked hand I am dealt into or one I have contributed money to the pot.
Thank you
Victor Nascj
Do you Yahoo!?
Plan great trips with Yahoo! Travel: Now over 17,000 guides!

Michaela Smieja

Posted on 17 Apr 2005 11:47 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr Nasch,

Thank you for your email regarding our raked hand definition.

A raked hand is a cash hand in which you contribute to the pot with betting or blinds, this hand must reach the flop and the pot must be of a sizeable amount for the house to take a rake (%). You need only be involved in the hand, losing or folding will still result in the hand going towards your raked hand total, additionally each cash tournament will add one raked hand towards your total.

We hope this clarifies the situation, however if we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards,

Michaela Smieja

So I just played stud so every hand was contributed and you can clear at very small stakes if you hate stud like I do.