PDA

View Full Version : Adding tables / changing strategy?

DWarrior
05-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Hi, I just recently started playing serious multi-table poker. I'm doing pretty well now playing 4-tables $25NL at Party Poker, but I was wondering how many hands I should have before making any judgements?

For example, I feel that I can either add more tables from the Prima network (since the mini-view fits onto my screen), or move up to $50NL. I was just wondering how many hands I should have before I should make such adjustments? I figured 8,000 hands should be sufficient to judge my performance, so after 8,000 hands, I will either add a table or, more likely, go up in stakes. So far, I only have 3,500, but I've only done this for 18 hours. As I said, so far my performance is satisfactory (about 7.8 BB/100), but there's definetly room for improvement in my game (made 3 bad reads I remember distinctly that cost me about $20 each).

excession
05-10-2005, 06:19 PM
I 3-table and can't say that I've noticed any drop off in win rate from $25-$50-$100's after the initial week or two adjustment.

I would definitely go wtih moving up - wehn you find the level above is too tought then you can drop down and 8 table if you must

DWarrior
05-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not sure why I said 7.8 BB/100, it's actually 18.53 BB/100 (7.8 BB/Hour per table). I was just afraid there weren't enough hands to make an objective judgement (only 3,500)

Thanks, I guess I'll move up to $50 NL starting tomorrow and see how that goes. After that, I think I'll start adding tables, instead of moving up to $100NL. When I get up to 8, then I should be ready.

The one mistake I don't want to make is what I did this January, when I was 1-tabling $25NL, kept moving up, all the way up to $200NL (highest level there was on Party Poker back then) and then got crushed for all my money. I'm trying to stay as objective as possible.