PDA

View Full Version : Short Bus Poker

Buccaneer
05-10-2005, 03:01 PM
After this hand I am sure that I need to start riding the Poker Short Bus. Tear me a new one please. Everyone except me sees the flop more than 70%. I am less than 25%. What is the advantage of playing a third of what everyone else plays but they get 2/3 of the draws. Was it my starting hand selection, protecting the hand, not mucking the hand when my choice was all in or drag it out with 3-4 BB left?

2+2 examples seem to always work out, when they work out for me I have no problem. No one has a problem. When they do not work out and you have invested twice what "normal" players would put in the hand you can not fold very easily.

I feel the dark side calling me.

Party Poker Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t50 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP1 (t250)
MP2 (t2385)
MP3 (t910)
CO (t330)
Button (t1450)
SB (t1045)
<font color="#C00000">BB (t550)</font>
UTG (t655)
<font color="#C00000">SlowHero (t425)</font>

Preflop: SlowHero is UTG+1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">SlowHero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB, t325) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">SlowHero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB, t625) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">SlowHero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (8.25 BB, t825) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.25 BB (t825)

Unarmed
05-10-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind t50

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to have misplaced the word "No" in the tournament title. You'll get more responses if you go back and edit your post. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Short Bus
05-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Beep Beep

flopquints
05-10-2005, 04:22 PM
I don't mind the preflop or flop play so much,actually i kind of like the continuation bet since the flop isnt that big, but once you get those 2 callers on the flop, its time to get in the lifeboat and leave the ship. I know it's weak as hell, but once i realize ive played this hand bad, i check and fold the turn, and wait for the next hand.

Nottom
05-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Take the free card on the turn.

wuwei
05-10-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Take the free card on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. Rest is fine.

tminus
05-10-2005, 05:22 PM
i dont play AJ this early in the tournament becasue i usually end up i situations like this with it

by level 3 or 4 i limp with it and drop it if when things get ugly

having said that, sometimes i play it anyway and end up in the front seat drooling

Buccaneer
05-10-2005, 07:29 PM
I keep going over this hand and wishing I had mucked it pre flop. I will do it again next time unless someone tell me why.

Post flop the queen worried me but she kept me in the hand. That gave me 4 outs to any K and 3 to an A. I didn't consider the flush at this time as I almost never consider a river river. Odds wise, I was a bit sub optimal on this hand but it seemed to me to have promise.

When the 6 hit the turn I lost hope in the cards and bet out trying to force two folds. I had 2 BB left at this part of the tourney and put one in the pot and put one of the passive callers in the muck.

I bet the river out of desperation and trying to force the last milk toast to fold. He didn't and collected the pot with a Q in his hand.

If this was a ring game I would have probably checked down at the turn.

Did I play this hand so bad or did the hand just go bad?

pergesu
05-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Fold preflop. No reason to be messing around with AJ this early, and especially not for a raise. If you feel absolutely compelled to play this, then limp.

I think I just call the flop getting 8-1. Hit the gutshot and you can probably take somebody's stack. If you're going to raise, it has to be more. No way they're folding for 10-1. It's not likely they will, but at least give them a chance to fold.

Take the free turn card.

Cry Me A River
05-10-2005, 07:57 PM
I think given your stack size this is a pf fold, you don't have the chips to play hands like this from EP. If you have T1000 I might limp here -&gt; if the table has been really passive (pf raises unlikely). If it were folded to you in co/button then definately try to steal. Otherwise, with your stack you're really close to push/fold territory and I wouldn't really want to push this from EP with so many players still around so that just leaves folding...