PDA

View Full Version : Best or worst player ever?

spoohunter
05-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Hero is in SB with 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif.

The game is $5/$10 live.

UTG limps, UTG+1 raises, UTG+2 folds, EVERYONE CALLS TO ME, I call, BB calls, UTG reraises, UTG+1 caps, everyone calls.

What do you think of that call?

36 SB in the pot.
Flop comes 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG bets, five calls to me.

My action?

Edited in :

I ment to include this in the original post, and can't believe I didn't.

The table was averaging a capped pot a head, mostly 6 ways. Neither UTG or UTG+1 needed even a PAIR to do this.

stonecoldnuts
05-10-2005, 01:49 PM
folds.

Octopus
05-10-2005, 01:50 PM
I'm folding pre-flop, but whatever. When it is capped back to us, I guess we have to call.

Getting 42-1 with only BB left to act, I think we had better peel one off on the flop. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

chief444
05-10-2005, 01:52 PM
2/5 blind structure right?

Either way I don't know that I've ever seen a flop after a preflop cap holding 42s. That's a stretch.

I guess you have to call on the flop now and try for the suckout runner runner in this huge pot.

spoohunter
05-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Pink/Red blinds. Not that the 50 cents makes a big difference.

Pokey
05-10-2005, 01:54 PM
With a $2 or $3 SB, you're getting lunatic-good odds on the first cold call, with something like $77 or $78 in the pot and a $7 or $8 call to keep going. Getting roughly 10:1 odds on a flush draw seems fair, even if it is a crappy flush draw. If exactly three clubs hit the board by the river, you're going to pick up a monster pot the vast majority of the time. So long as you recognize that you'll be playing ONLY for a monster, and you play accordingly, I don't hate this call.

UTG is a dirty bastard, and when it comes back to me for a $10 bet AGAIN, I swear. I call, because the odds are even better now, but I swear nonetheless.

Flop is an easy call: you've got 42:1 odds on about a two-outer between the backdoor flush and the even worse straight draw. Then again, when NINE PEOPLE see a capped flop, it'd be extremely hard NOT to have pot odds to call a bet. Hell, you could even call two here and not be wrong, especially considering how easy your turn fold will be if you don't improve to a straight- or flush-draw.

cnfuzzd
05-10-2005, 01:57 PM
i play preflop the same way, but mostly because i choose to believe that i am on a mission from god to punish all LRR's at low limit tables by sucking out on them everytime.

if you folded on the flop, im kicking you out of 2+2.

peace

john nickle

chief444
05-10-2005, 01:59 PM
It makes a very slight difference. I guess neither call is really that bad.

The flop call is easy though.

Octopus
05-10-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, you could even call two here and not be wrong, especially considering how easy your turn fold will be if you don't improve to a straight- or flush-draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but if it went UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, I'm mucking this. No sense risking paying 4 bets here.

27offsooot
05-10-2005, 02:06 PM
The flop call seems pretty easy, not so sure about PF.

spoohunter
05-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Well it wouldn't be fun if I folded the flop now would it?
Honestly, I thought the flop call was relatively straight forward. Preflop also seems easy to me.

I am like 23:1 to hit my flush, 35:1ish to hit my straight, and lets not forget about running two pair or trips.

So the turn is the 4h /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

I check, UTG checks, some random guy bets, and a couple guys call.

Your action?

27offsooot
05-10-2005, 02:12 PM
Sucking out is fun. Call for the two-five outer.

spoohunter
05-10-2005, 02:13 PM
I have 3.5 outs atleast man!

27offsooot
05-10-2005, 02:14 PM
I edited it before u replied. Considering there is really no chance of two pair on this board already unless there is some serious donkage at the table (quite possible), u probably have four outs or so.

kiddj
05-10-2005, 02:42 PM
You have the odds to call. I guess you have to hope that no one is sitting on a set already though.

alul
05-10-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i play preflop the same way, but mostly because i choose to believe that i am on a mission from god to punish all LRR's at low limit tables by sucking out on them everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. I agree.

MattC
05-10-2005, 03:20 PM
fold preflop. any two pair you hit can easily be counterfitted, a set is a far shot, and your flush can easily run into a bigger flush.

cnfuzzd
05-10-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop. any two pair you hit can easily be counterfitted, a set is a far shot, and your flush can easily run into a bigger flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

despite everything you said sounding logical, there are actually lots of reasons why you are wrong. The first pf call is clearly correct, and the second, if wrong at all, is only a slight mistake.

peace

john nickle

Octopus
05-10-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The first pf call is clearly correct, and the second, if wrong at all, is only a slight mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm. I was thinking the exact opposite. The second pf call is clearly correct and the first, if it is wrong at all, is only a slight mistake.

cnfuzzd
05-10-2005, 04:40 PM
oops, i assumed that the op was BB. You are correct then.

peace

john nickle

MattC
05-11-2005, 02:24 AM
i dont see how this is correct given the blind structure of 5/10. i would agree if it were 15/30 ofc. Yeh your odds are huge, but look at all the people you have to beat to win this hand, and there are probably a lot of stronger drawing hands out there. To me the combination of being able to not win this hand, or if you do make a hand still lose it is just not making this call worth it given the blind structure.

spoohunter
05-11-2005, 04:17 PM
River was a deuece, I bet, got called by two players, MHIG and MOWD(my opponets were disgusted).