PDA

View Full Version : Is this just another way to be results-oriented?

dfscott
05-10-2005, 01:34 PM
I been suffering through a combination of variance coupled with some bad/possibly tilty play in the 33s. Nothing serious, but I dropped about 15 buy-ins over the weekend. At one point, I got very frustrated and decided to jump over to Stars and play some SnGs over there just for a change of scenery. I picked the 25+2 Turbos, since I had about $600 over there to play with (from the bonus deposit, which I really hadn't planned to clear right now). Without going into details, I ended up winning back everything I lost at the 33s. The cards weren't really hitting me in the face, but I was doing betting on the coin-flips (not to mention the style seems less aggressive there, so I was able to make up lots of ground on the bubble).

So, now I'm in a quandary: I can't decide whether to keep playing the 25+2s due to my recent success, or whether to go back and hammer at the 33s (or whether it even matters). I feel that it's likely that my recent PS success is more due to variance + increased concentration because I'm unfamiliar with the structure rather than any particular softness or suited-ness to my style. Nevertheless, I feel like there's a psychological advantage to playing confidently and relaxed, rather than trying to get "unstuck."

I guess I really don't have a question here, but I'm interested if others have had similar experiences.

Apathy
05-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Do whatever you feel you can make the most $/hour at. If your recent success is giving you some confidence at stars then perhaps you would play better there, since you say that you feel your play has been affected by a bad run at party.

Benholio
05-10-2005, 01:51 PM
I say stay away from the 25+2 turbos at least until I've had another day or two to clear my bonus. After that, I'd strongly recommend staying away from Party again. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

dfscott
05-10-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I say stay away from the 25+2 turbos at least until I've had another day or two to clear my bonus. After that, I'd strongly recommend staying away from Party again. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

wuwei
05-10-2005, 01:55 PM
My ROI in the 25+2 turbos is currently 142%. My ROI on the 15+1 turbos is 82%. Clearly they are a superior form of SNG and there is money to be made here. Is this sustainable? I've played 9 25+2s and 3 15+1s.

Seriously, though, I recommend sticking with the Stars turbos for now. But you should fully recognizie that your just running hot there. Enjoy it.