PDA

View Full Version : SC Raise OOP

orange
05-10-2005, 11:03 AM
.10/.25 NL home game. 6 handed, stacks vary from $15-$60 dollars.

(Hero)$20ish stack, both villians have me covered.

My image is TAG, my raises usually get respect.Villain 1 is more TAGish, but still pretty loose. Villain 2 is super loose and aggressive, calling down with bottom pair, raising with junk.

I raise $1.25 from EP with 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Villain 1 calls from MP, Villain 2 calls from SB. All others fold.

(~$3.85)Flop- 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Villain 1(SB) leads for $1.50.
Hero raises to $4.50.
Villain 2 calls $4.50
Villain 1 folds.

<font color="green"> </font> My thoughts on this flop was to represent a big pair. I thought with my image, I could steal this one. Villain 2's cold call makes it intresting.

(~$15)Turn-K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets $6
Villain 2 calls.

Whats my plan for the rest? Do I push the river?

etgryphon
05-10-2005, 11:12 AM
This is specifically why you need position to play SCs.

You can get away with these types of OOP moves the tighter your competition, but still that is after logging many hands with these opponents. Even then it is a real rarity.

You fired two barrels (three if you count PF). You have nothing. I would give this up unless your miricle card cam on the river. Then I would continue to bet because your hand is so masked. I wouldn't have done the turn bet it wont really give you much at all.

-Gryph

swolfe
05-10-2005, 11:53 AM
your turn bet was too small.

check/fold the river unimproved. you still need a hand to beat a super-LAG

orange
05-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Eh, I thought raising from EP would garner some respect. Apparently I was wrong /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Any more commments?

etgryphon
05-10-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I thought raising from EP would garner some respect. Apparently I was wrong /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Any more commments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at that level...

BTW: swolfe is right. If you want to bet the turn it would half to be something like $12 or so at least. I forgot to put that in my post.

-Gryph

fuzzbox
05-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Given that the villain in question is "super loose and aggressive, calling down with bottom pair, raising with junk.", I think you shouldnt make this play. Representing seems to have no effect on him (and he might have a hand himself)

orange
05-10-2005, 12:19 PM
You're right. I actually thought he was capable of laying down a hand, despite his loose image. I was wrong.

River J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets all in.
Villain calls, shows 88, and my bluff went down the tubes.

Thanks for the feedback. I was partially aware of my faults in this hand, but wanted more advice. I know I mucked it up pretty good, but all a part of learning i suppose.