PDA

View Full Version : Mini Blind A2s Hand

Kailia Marie
05-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Hi guys,

For those who don't know, UB has special tables with mini blinds. The blinds in these games are 1/2 the size of the small bet, but preflop raises are a full small bet added to the size of the "big" blind. Then postflop action will be "regular" sized.

Anyways, this table just started up so I have no reads on anybody yet.

UB 8/16 with 2/4 blinds.

UTG+1 limps. I limp in MP with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Button limps. SB completes. bb checks.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 players, ~2.5sb)

SB checks. BB checks. UTG+1 checks. I check. Button checks.

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 players, ~1.25bb)

SB checks. BB checks. UTG+1 bets. I call. Button calls. SB folds. BB folds.

River: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (3 players, ~4.25bb)

UTG+1 checks. I bet. Button calls. UTG+1 raises. I fold.

All comments welcome,

/images/graemlins/heart.gif Kailia

Super Pro
05-10-2005, 09:24 AM
you got what you deserved by slowplaying

chief444
05-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Looks good to me Kailia.

Super Pro
05-10-2005, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks good to me Kailia.

[/ QUOTE ]

which part? the lack of a flop bet or the lack of a turn raise?

rmarotti
05-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Are you serious? I think the flop and turn both suck.

Super Pro
05-10-2005, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

finally someone agrees with me.

chief444
05-10-2005, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you got what you deserved by slowplaying

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (~2.5sb)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (~1.25bb)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I'm no super pro but it sure looks to me like this is a good time to slowplay.

brettbrettr
05-10-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate the flop check but the turn call, well, me no likey.

rmarotti
05-10-2005, 09:32 AM
There's really no reason not to bet the flop. People like to call.

Super Pro
05-10-2005, 09:33 AM
on the turn, there's a picked up flush draw and a straight draw. MAYBE they'll fold a straight draw, but no way will online idiots fold a flush draw no matter how small the pot and its likely nobody will fold an 8 or a 7 either. trust me. thats why i'm a super pro.

chief444
05-10-2005, 09:33 AM
There is about as close to no pot in the middle as you'll ever see. If ever there were a model example of a time to let people catch up this is it. Someone catching a 2-outer on the river doesn't make the play wrong.

Aren't you at least a little concerned that Super Pro is aggreeing with you? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Piiop
05-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Why would UTG+1 check on the flop with an 8?

If UTG+1 does have an 8, that river check-raise is pretty risky/ballsy. Unless he had previous reads on you or the button, how can he expect a bet here?

DMBFan23
05-10-2005, 09:34 AM
I think betting the flop is the best way to get the most money into the pot, though I would support smooth calling a bet had someone else bet

rmarotti
05-10-2005, 09:37 AM
Yah I am VERY concerned actually, but I can't shake the desire to bet this flop. I think you give typical online player too much credit if you think they will all think "Woah! Pot's small! I better fold my eight/overcards/backdoordraws/lucky hand!" I bet if K bet the flop a few of them would've thought more along the lines of "GAMBBBB00000000LLLLLL!" and tossed chips in the pot drawing nearly dead.

rmarotti
05-10-2005, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still wish you were dead.

chief444
05-10-2005, 09:42 AM
OK, the flop bet I can see an argument for. But this is 8/16 so it's likely some opponents actually are at least aware of pot size.

The turn raise...it would take a LOT to convince me that just smoothcalling is bad here.

Does anyone call the river? I think the fold is OK but I expected more comments than just the one so far.

HajiShirazu
05-10-2005, 09:50 AM
I know the pot is small and all, but whenever I bet total rag flops like this, nobody ever seems to believe me, and there's always a bunch of calls/raises from people who don't really have anything. So I guess what I'm saying is that if you bet, I would really be surprised if you don't get at least 2 and probably 3-4 callers, and betting doesn't exactly give your hand away either, which sudden turn/river action would, so you might as well just get the money in as soon as possible before a bet makes your opponents' odds even worse.

Fat Nicky
05-10-2005, 09:53 AM
I'd bet the flop, it's usually the case that people are more willing to give you their money on the flop than on the turn with overcards.

27offsooot
05-10-2005, 10:09 AM
I have no idea about the quality of opponents here, but a flop check seems reasonable if they're decent. However, you're also in LP, so I think that u might get played back at a lot if u have been aggressive and they put u on a steal. Also, by hopefully building the pot on the flop, u will get more action, calls on later streets.

Chris Daddy Cool
05-10-2005, 04:03 PM
the only debatable street is the flop.

this hand reminds me a lot of a NL hand where you're trying to manipulate the size of the pot.