PDA

View Full Version : Radar Jammer

The Dude
05-10-2005, 04:50 AM
I'm a big fan of radar detectors, and I think mine saves me from 4 or 5 tickets a year. I'm wondering, though, does anybody here have any experience with radar jammers? How much did it cost you? How is mounted in your car? How reliable are they? How would I go about getting one?

AncientPC
05-10-2005, 04:55 AM
I believe passive jammers are allowed in some states but active jammers are banned.

Then again, there is no such thing as a passive jammer, so they may all be illegal anyway.

I only have a V1, never bothered with a jammer.

The Dude
05-10-2005, 04:56 AM
The jammer I'm referring to is illegala in all 50 states.

astroglide
05-10-2005, 11:50 AM
presumably cops will be aware of the device if they point at an obviously speeding person and the gun doesn't go off and begin pursuit. i hope that they would, i think jamming is highly lame.

Sponger15SB
05-10-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a big fan of radar detectors, and I think mine saves me from 4 or 5 tickets a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know what else saves you from 4 or 5 tickets a year?

DRIVING SLOWER

The Dude
05-10-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you know what else saves you from 4 or 5 tickets a year?

DRIVING SLOWER

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, and I can avoid ever getting Aces cracked by folding them preflop. My point: NOT WORTH IT

ddubois
08-04-2005, 04:37 PM
I've gotten 3 tickets in the last 6 months since I moved to a new location that requires communting through a particular stretch of revenenue generation.

I would like to hear any follow-up or any information people might have.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-04-2005, 04:44 PM
I would also like to hear how this works out for you guys. Keep us posted.

Also, this (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=bail+bonds&btnG=Google+Search) might come in handy for you.