PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Vic

11-26-2002, 03:21 PM
Atlanta by 3 1/2 over Vikings. Right now this is too tough to call even for me. It will be an interesting game. Who do you think is a better athlete Randy Moss Duante Culpepper or Micheal Vic

11-26-2002, 04:27 PM
better athlete? no contest. VICK.
been said by several nfl players already---the guy is a freak of nature.
his speed and running ability are one thing.
the fact that he has the strongest arm in the nfl is another.
who else can do both like him???

Wildbill
11-27-2002, 02:44 AM
Vick still has a ways to go until he is a dominant QB in the NFL, but those tools sure do help. After all Joe Montana would never win any of these kinds of battles, nor would Brett Favre be the physical pick over a lot of guys at this point of his career, but both would easily be chosen over Vick if you had to take one QB to lead your team. Culpepper is quite a talent in his own right, not a freak like Vick, but guys that size make for a tough matchup as well, but once again the guy needs to tailor his game overall better to be one of the best around. Talent is only a piece of the equation and there have been many talented guys in the league that never came out to anything despite having great tools. Need we remind anyone of guys like Jeff George or Ryan Leaf to point out guys with great arms, decent mobility, and what appeared to be leadership skills in college only to fall on their faces.

11-27-2002, 12:19 PM
the original question was about atleticism only. that's how i answered.
although, i wonder how favre/montana's numbers compare to vick's throughout their first 13 starts---or however many its been for vick. i would be surprised if either of those great qbs had numbers that good.
long way to go, though, i agree.

Mason Malmuth
12-01-2002, 06:24 AM
Did you know that Vick is right handed even though he throws left handed?

MM

mikelow
12-01-2002, 06:24 PM
Is there any player right now who is more valuable to his team? Now, Brett Farve would get lots of consideration, but I'd give it to Vick.

Clarkmeister
12-02-2002, 02:44 AM
"Is there anyone right now who is more valuable to his team?"

Priest Holmes.

Ed Miller
12-02-2002, 05:03 AM
That's a bold statement after Vick's "holy !@#$%" day today.

Clarkmeister
12-02-2002, 09:48 AM
Its not *that* bold.

There are some Vick threads in Other Topics forum. In one of them I mention that you can make reasonable arguements that several players are "more valuable to their team" (not the same as league MVP) than Vick including Gannon, Bledsoe, Tomlinson, Favre, Faulk and McNabb.

12-02-2002, 11:51 AM
He had one fluke year, thanks to Randy Moss! He is easily one of the worst QB's in the league. Not to mention one of the worst so called "leaders" I've ever seen especially @ the QB position. He gets benched for 1 half and a Division 2 nobody comes out at gives the Vikes their best half of the year and cost me bundles.........I had the under, and I knew at halftime the only thing that could hurt me is if they benched Culpepper!

Sheck

Wildbill
12-02-2002, 04:16 PM
I gotta agree with you Clark, there are guys at QB that are equally important and if I had the vote I would go with Priest Holmes. Vick has almost singlehandedly won games this year, but Holmes is the guy who has won or kept a lousy Chiefs team in most games this year. Falcons aren't loaded with talent, but are a better team than the Chiefs and have played a far easier schedule. Besides Vick is a QB and yet doesn't do all that much damage throwing the ball. This is the NFL where a QB is paid to make things happen through the air and Vick hasn't gotten to that point yet. Vick will win an MVP or many in his time, just that he isn't deserving of it yet IMO.