PDA

View Full Version : My poker chips nightmare with kardwell

loic
05-10-2005, 04:09 AM
I guess I am not the first one to have a horrible experience buying poker chips online. I took pictures of the victims and I guess it will amuse me in a few weeks. I was frustrated enough to spare another $20 to buy a domaine name to host the page containing the picture and the horror story. You can check it out
at http://www.kardwell-shame.com/ Have fun ;-)

StevieG
05-10-2005, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I am not the first one to have a horrible experience buying poker chips online. I took pictures of the victims and I guess it will amuse me in a few weeks. I was frustrated enough to spare another $20 to buy a domaine name to host the page containing the picture and the horror story. You can check it out
at http://www.kardwell-shame.com/ Have fun ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

You may need to cough up another $20 for www.website-host-shame.com. (http://www.website-host-shame.com.)

b0000000000m
05-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Haha, I love your use of the "out" button in the pictures to indicate which stacks are damaged.

Is it at all possible that the package with the chips was detained and searched by customs, leading to the disarray and possibly damage?

wacki
05-10-2005, 08:24 PM
From your website:

[ QUOTE ]
Since Kardwell never returned my calls nor answered my e-mails, I have little hope.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've ordered from Kardwell countless times. They have screwed up a few orders but they are always easy to get ahold of via phone and e-mail. And everything has been packaged very well.

You are a lying sack of [censored].

Just noticed your from France... no surprise there.

LaggyLou
05-11-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So do you think the whoel thing is just fake? Like maybe he put the chips is a box and then ran it over a few times just so he could put up the website? I'd love to hear your theory.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Thanks, I'm saving this one.

wacki
05-11-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So do you think the whoel thing is just fake? Like maybe he put the chips is a box and then ran it over a few times just so he could put up the website? I'd love to hear your theory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Click on his link and go to the bottom of his website. You will see:

Since Kardwell never returned my calls nor answered my e-mails, I have little hope.

Now, why don't you call or e-mail Kardwell and make up your own mind. Kardwell has messed up a few of my orders but I've always had excellent service from them and exchanges were no problem.

If his box really was recieved in that bad of shape then odds are French Customs or somebody else messed with it. As far as Kardwells phone service, why don't you call them:

*Wacki checks cell phone*

1-800-233-0828

b0000000000m
05-12-2005, 12:48 AM
Do you really have Kardwell programmed into your cell-phone? Please tell me it was just in your 'recent calls' list and you didn't actually program it in.

wacki
05-12-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me it was just in your 'recent calls' list and you didn't actually program it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/tumbleweed.gif

loic
05-14-2005, 09:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The USPS receipt addressed to me is on the website as a hint this is not a hoax http://loic.dachary.org/kardwell/usps-sheet.jpg . Of course I could have invented this elaborate lie, just for kicks.

I suggest you call Kardwell to get information about the infamous order 4408. Last time I called, about three weeks ago, I got to talk to 4 employees and explain the whole story to each of them. Only the last one was smart enough to tell me "I will check this out and get back to you". But he never called back.

There is also this conspiracy theory about me being french. Maybe the company has this policy of playing tricks to french people for some reason. Is this what you mean when you write "... from France ... no surprise there" ?

I am glad you had wonderful experiences with Kardwell. I did not and I see no reason why you should resent me for this. Would you be rude to someone who was hit by a car just because it never happened to you ? "You, yes you with both legs broken, stop saying a car did this to you. I have NEVER had my legs broken in a car accident, you must be a lying sack of censored !".

maryfield48
05-14-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From your website:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've ordered from Kardwell countless times. They have screwed up a few orders but they are always easy to get ahold of via phone and e-mail. And everything has been packaged very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, Wacki?

You're smarter than this.

wacki
05-14-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're smarter than this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Click on his link and go to the bottom of his website. You will see:

Now, why don't you call or e-mail Kardwell and make up your own mind. Kardwell has messed up a few of my orders but I've always had excellent service from them and exchanges were no problem.

If his box really was recieved in that bad of shape then odds are French Customs or somebody else messed with it. As far as Kardwells phone service, why don't you call them:

*Wacki checks cell phone*

1-800-233-0828

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure they mess up every now and then but to say you can't reach them by phone is ridiculous. Call them yourself.

wacki
05-14-2005, 07:07 PM
To maryfield48,

You're right, I change my statement. Either the original website was a very poor documentation, intentionally misleading, or the OP has changed his story.

As for talking to multiple people in the second post I believe that. Kardwell has a bad habit of doing that even with smoothly flowing orders. There are reasons why people will "ASK TO TALK TO THE MANAGER!".

On the slim chance that I'm wrong, I will require the OP to buy something like this:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&catalog%5Fname=CTLG&ca tegory%5Fname=CTLG%5F008%5F001%5F012%5F000&product %5Fid=17%2D855

and record the conversation.

In that conversation I will require the OP:

1) to ask to speak to the manager as he doesn't want to talk to multiple people. (Kardwell does this with everything, even orders)

2) Ask the manager why he hadn't called back.

3) if manager denies knowledge of previous request then OP must work hard to settle the situation then and there. If the manager says he will call back OP must get the manager to acknowledge the current date and the date the manager will call back.

4) OP must also attempt to get the names of all the key players in the conversation and the conversation must be recorded in 128 kbs sound quality. The purpose of this is so if I don't recognize the voice I can make sure that the OP isn't using a friend to set up the situation.

5) if manager doesn't call back then OP must call back again and try to talk to the manager and repeat steps 1-4.

6) If he gets a second run around he third call would be excellent rock solid proof and material for his website, but it is not necessary as proof for me.

If all these conditions are satisfied then the OP has rock solid proof that he is getting the run around. If that is the case, then his argument will have credibility and I will gladly allow the OP to choose my avatar and location for a month (as long as I don't get banned) as compensation for calling him a lying sack of [censored].

Until then my statement stands as described in the second line of this post.

maryfield48
05-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Wacki, I hold no brief for OP. I found your initial response ("lying sack...") to be a bit over the top, based as it seemed at the time to be on the fact that you have had different experiences with the vendor.

But I think what really caused my reaction was this:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it ok now to bash people on the basis of nationality? Which stereotypes are acceptable to you and which are not?

The intelligence displayed in so many of your other posts caused me to be surprised, even disappointed at this type of attack from you. Did I infer too much?

wacki
05-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Ehh.. it was over the top.

Still the OP's claim that there was no hope because he couldn't contact Kardwell really got to me. You can ALWAYS contact Kardwell 9-5 M-F at the # I provided. The whole website seemed more like a drama queen/ulterior motive setup than anything else.

As for stereotypes, well I think all sterotypes that are statistically significant are worth paying attention to. Does that mean all blacks are criminals and all Frenchmen are liars? Certainly not. Still information is information and just because it's partial information doesn't mean I'm going to ignore it.

As for the French comment, well I watched CSPAN and my brother is in the Airforce so I'll take every chance I can get to remind people that they were selling Saddam Roland missiles while our troops were on the border of Iraq. For that, many senior French politicians should be in jail. (Yes, I know politics forum)

wacki
05-16-2005, 08:42 PM
But you're right, I did take it too far.

My appologies to the forum.

theRealMacoy
05-16-2005, 09:37 PM
Wacki,

well done on the appology!

the Real Macoy

maryfield48
05-17-2005, 12:35 AM
Nuff said.

Faith restored in my read.

loic
05-25-2005, 05:20 AM
I received a mail from Kardwell today offering a refund and to send me a replacement. I have hope again :-)

loic
05-25-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Still the OP's claim that there was no hope because he couldn't contact Kardwell really got to me. You can ALWAYS contact Kardwell

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said I was not able to contact Kardwell. I even said I had to talk to too many people. Of course I could follow the procedure you suggest in order to compensate for their lack of organization. But am I the one to blame for not doing so ? Or is Kardwell fully responsible for not being able to decently handle their customer requests ?

wacki
05-25-2005, 08:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Still the OP's claim that there was no hope because he couldn't contact Kardwell really got to me. You can ALWAYS contact Kardwell

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said I was not able to contact Kardwell.

[/ QUOTE ]

From your website:

WTF is that supposed to mean??? Huh?? Please inform us or change your website because it is misleading as all hell.

[ QUOTE ]
I even said I had to talk to too many people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just scanned your website don't see it there: It may be in this thread but I'm not rereading everything again.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course I could follow the procedure you suggest in order to compensate for their lack of organization. But am I the one to blame for not doing so ? Or is Kardwell fully responsible for not being able to decently handle their customer requests ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Poker is the same way and so are many large coorporations. It's called red tape. It's also called "ASKING FOR THE MANAGER". That is a minor infraction and I find it very difficult to believe that your number of 30 isn't a gross exageration. It's possible, but not probable. Err.... this is stupid. I highly doubt Kardwell did anything wrong other than have you talk to a few more people then you should have.

As for the damage to your mail, why don't you like at someplace other than Kardwell. The US mail has a very good history however the interaction between US mail and European mail could not be worse. Hell there's a company in England I talk to that won't ship to the US because more than half of the shipments get lost.

Still I think your story is very poorly documented, very misleadingly described, and you are making too many assumptions.

I've wasted enough time on this......

wacki
05-25-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I received a mail from Kardwell today offering a refund and to send me a replacement. I have hope again :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

See I told you they were good.

Daliman
05-26-2005, 03:35 AM
I guess yer worried about yer Kardwell stock, huh? Yes, I;m sure this guy went to all this trouble JUST to make Kardwell look bad. Saying someone may not have practiced due diligence is one thing, calling them a lying sack of [censored], well, that just makes you sound either stupid or as if you have something to hide.

The frenchie stab was a nice touch, too, btw. How very enlightened of you.

I see you have since apologized. That's good, but you should know better in the first place.

Oh, and the whole CSI thing you wanted him to do to satisfy you? Well, I guess it's the dream we all share to make you look dumb, but I certainly wouldn't go NEAR that far.