PDA

View Full Version : I Think He Likes His Hand

Jazza
05-10-2005, 02:38 AM
Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP2 ($200)
<font color="#C00000">MP3 ($191)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($200)</font>
Button ($197)
SB ($454.45)
BB ($228.1)
UTG ($121.87)
UTG+1 ($152.7)
UTG+2 ($310.15)
MP1 ($334.1)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $2. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $2, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $4</font>, Hero (poster) calls $2, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls $2.

Flop: ($15) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($15) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $29.25</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $53.5</font>, Hero calls $24.25.

River: ($122) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets $60</font>, Hero calls $60.

Final Pot: $242

first hand at the table, no read on this guy

WSOPwinner10
05-10-2005, 02:46 AM
it's AK or AJ and I am having trouble finding which it is. This is really tough without a read. The reason you are having so much trouble is the size of the river bet. The river bet is small if you raise less on the turn. Why not raise to 15 on the turn?

Jazza
05-10-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's AK or AJ and I am having trouble finding which it is. This is really tough without a read. The reason you are having so much trouble is the size of the river bet. The river bet is small if you raise less on the turn. Why not raise to 15 on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

because there is two flush draws out there, and also six cards counterfeit my two pair, i wanted him to pay if he was behind

FreakDaddy
05-10-2005, 03:02 AM
Why didn't you bet the flop?? Everyone checked and you have top pair with position, although you have no kicker, but so what? If no one has an Ace, you're probably going to take down this pot. It's so difficult now to place villian on a hand. He could be thinking his 10's are good now, or his QQ's, who knows? With no read itjust complicates things even further.

Jazza
05-10-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you bet the flop?? Everyone checked and you have top pair with position, although you have no kicker, but so what? If no one has an Ace, you're probably going to take down this pot. It's so difficult now to place villian on a hand. He could be thinking his 10's are good now, or his QQ's, who knows? With no read itjust complicates things even further.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't mind complicating things as long as in increases my EV

FreakDaddy
05-10-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't mind complicating things as long as in increases my EV

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you going to increase you EV with that play? The texture of the flop isn't that good and you're giving a free card with a marginal (to say the least hand). If you wait to see if you hit two pair or trip up, then you may be behind to bigger hand, or if a flush card hits you may be impossibly behind. The pot size is decent now, take it down.

Explain how you played this is plus EV?

Jazza
05-10-2005, 03:32 AM
to catch a bluff on the turn, and maybe the river

FreakDaddy
05-10-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Villian leads out on the turn, you raise and he re-raises and you want to catch a bluff? Please explain.

Jazza
05-10-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Villian leads out on the turn, you raise and he re-raises and you want to catch a bluff? Please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's because my hand improved, had my hand not improved i would have just called the $5 probably

FreakDaddy
05-10-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's because my hand improved, had my hand not improved i would have just called the $5 probably

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this makes a little more sense. You think you're definately ahead and someone may bluff at the pot after it's checked through on the flop and you can raise the turn. While I like this line, and use it myself whenever possible, I don't like it on this flop. You're gutsy.

So did you have a question about the hand then, or you were just posting it?

Malachii
05-10-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think top pair with a deuce kicker is the kind of hand you want to induce a bluff with. I think I would bet two thirds of the pot on the flop and then check/fold if I got called, barring any improvement to my hand.

Jazza
05-10-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this makes a little more sense. You think you're definately ahead and someone may bluff at the pot after it's checked through on the flop and you can raise the turn. While I like this line, and use it myself whenever possible, I don't like it on this flop. You're gutsy.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if you can see my reasoning for my flop check, do you like my turn and river?

Jazza
05-10-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think top pair with a deuce kicker is the kind of hand you want to induce a bluff with.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it's the perfect hand to induce a bluff with

FreakDaddy
05-10-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if you can see my reasoning for my flop check, do you like my turn and river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think turn and river are fine.

Malachii
05-10-2005, 03:59 AM
How come? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious about the reasoning behind. What if some guy with a bigger ace was going for a checkraise and missed? Do you check your bigger aces in this spot also?

Edit: I just read your post to freak daddy, so don't bother explaining the reasoning. Would you make it with a bigger ace though?

Jazza
05-10-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How come? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious about the reasoning behind. What if some guy with a bigger ace was going for a checkraise and missed? Do you check your bigger aces in this spot also?

Edit: I just read your post to freak daddy, so don't bother explaining the reasoning. Would you make it with a bigger ace though?

[/ QUOTE ]

i might do it every now and again with a big ace, but my reasoning for bluff catching with a weak ace is that if some one is behind a big ace (bluffing) he is equally behind a weak ace, so a weak ace is just as good against a bluff as AK is, so it makes sense to use the strong aces for value betting and weak aces for bluff catching