PDA

View Full Version : 55 raise UTG

shmahappens
05-10-2005, 01:46 AM
Are you more likely to raise 55 (and other low-mid pps) from UTG than to open-raise them from middle position, as UTG gets more respect (and more folds)? Or is it pretty standard from any position

NLSoldier
05-10-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you more likely to raise 55 (and other low-mid pps) from UTG than to open-raise them from middle position, as UTG gets more respect (and more folds)? Or is it pretty standard from any position

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think its very standard UTG at all. Pretty table dependant. And no Im not more likely to raise it UTG just becasue UTG gets more respect.

DcifrThs
05-10-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a good changeup but by NO MEANS a standard play.

not a good idea because on average its -EV.

but i've come to like 55 because i pulled a change up and it worked:

james282 raises UTG i 3bet in UTG+1 w/ 55. he calls flop is AQ4 he check folds...and had a pair higher than 5s.

of course he said doing that is 'bad' but that doing it once in a while is fine ... otherwise he knows i can never have a set if the flop is 235 and mercilessly pound me w/ his aces if thats the case.

so yea, 55 is fine to raise utg for a change up but i've never done it online.

-Barron