PDA

View Full Version : King High

NLSoldier
05-10-2005, 01:19 AM
Villian is pretty loose and a little on the passive side by 10/20 standards, but is definately capable of bluffing.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB

I briefly discussed this hand with Sthief and he liked check calling the turn as well as the river so I guess I am more concerned about the turn than the river.

Alobar
05-10-2005, 02:36 AM
I dont like check/calling the turn. Im assuming theif likes the check because you picked up 4 more outs and getting raised would suck, but I think you've got more folding equity than drawing equity, so I bet again, I think the queen is a good card for you. Loose passives will call this flop with practically anything. You want to give him another chance to fold.

The river makes me squirm. Obviously a bet is wrong cuz he isnt calling you with a worse hand, and you arent folding abetter one. Hes called the whole way, I just dunno if my hand is good 1 in 6 here. Tho the river helps us more than anything prolly (aside from actually hitting a hand) so I guess a call is better here than on a board where the river puts up another possibility for him.

NLSoldier
05-10-2005, 02:38 AM
Yeah he liked check calling for the reasons you stated and I liked betting for the reasons you stated.

Also, if I check call the turn I dont think i can bring myself to check call the river as well.

mperich
05-10-2005, 02:50 AM
I bet this turn almost every single time. Actually, every time.

-Mike

ALL1N
05-10-2005, 02:57 AM
Perfect

kiddo
05-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Flop and turn fine. I think I would call on the end but I really would like the flop to be a little more drawish to make this rivercall without a painfull feeling of giving away 1BB.