PDA

View Full Version : Homegame NL Hand

WSOPwinner10
05-10-2005, 01:14 AM
I have ~25$. Villain has 20$. Blinds are .25/.50
Six handed.

I get Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG and raise to 2$. Villain is a LAG and loves to see flops. Generally won't bluff too much. He calls in the cutoff. Blinds fold and we are heads up with 4.75$ in the pot.

Flop is T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I lead for 3$ and he calls.
He doesn't have two pair here - there's no hand he'd call with preflop to have that.

Turn is a 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet 7$. He calls.

He wouldn't play T9 here and he raises preflop with TT and 99. With a set, I am pretty sure he moves in here.

River is a K /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero? I have about 13$ left. He has 8$.

PoBoy321
05-10-2005, 01:18 AM
OK, so we know what villain DOESN'T have, but what DOES he have? AT? KT? QT? JT? Which of these will he call you down with? Which will pay you off on the river? If you put him all in on the river and he has AT, will he fold because the K fell? If you check, will he push all in with AT hoping to push you off of a better hand?

I think that a check/call line here will be good because chances are that if you bet, villain will fold hands that you beat and only call with hands that beat you.

TheWorstPlayer
05-10-2005, 01:25 AM
Pot is big, stack is small. Push. He doesn't bluff much, so trying to induce a bluff isn't worthwhile. He is loose, so I would rather value bet. Obviously you're not folding if you check and he pushes, so you should push it in and hope to get a loose call from a ten or JJ. He was calling you down with something and it wasn't QJ. Hope he calls once more.

PoBoy321
05-10-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't bluff much

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, I missed that part of the OP. Then yeah, easy push.

WSOPwinner10
05-10-2005, 01:46 AM
I am very happy I successfully eliminated what he didn't have. As I look at it, the only hands that he can have are AT, KT, QT, and JT.

KT is the only one that hurts me (he's definately pushing if I check, and certainly calling my all in).

If he has AT, I think he would call my all in.
I guess he is forced to do the same with QT and JT if he would call with AT.

Now that I think about it, against a good player, I would probably check this river. He would know I proabably have JJ, QQ, KK, AA, or AT based on my flop action. After my bet on the turn he knows I have one of those hands. He would know that me betting the river had him beat (unless he holds KT).

However, I am against a weaker player who won't think that much. He will see his hand and see the pot and be forced to call. I like pushing verus a weaker player because I beat AT QT and JT and only lose to KT. Those are his four possible hands.

I wish I thought this hard and this well while playing. Then I wouldn't make the following mistake.

RESULTS: I checked. He checked and showed AT. MHIG but I left 8$ out there.

TheWorstPlayer
05-10-2005, 02:06 AM
Although it is true that a good player would be more likely to bluff if you check the river, it is also true that a good player would very rarely if ever play a hand you beat like that on the flop and turn. So once you get to the river this way with these stacks, this is an easy push no matter who you are playing. The key is just to realise that if you are beat, you are losing your stack since the pot is too big to fold. Once you realise that fact, it is clear that you should push it in yourself so that there is a chance it goes in when you are ahead and not only when you are behind.

xorbie
05-10-2005, 03:53 AM
IMO you should check/call the turn and if he bets, check/call the river. If he checks, then bet the river and take it from there.