PDA

View Full Version : Kings = no good.. some HH's

SlyGuy
05-10-2005, 12:25 AM
Here are some hands I played today with pocket Kings.. Could/Should I have played them differently? I got pocket kings 5 times tonight and lost them all.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Hand 2

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Hand 3

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Hand 4

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

I am new to 6 max. I played my first 2k hands over the weekend for +170BB and tonight 650 for -50BB. Strange how a down swing makes you think you suck. Although i might realy suck.

7ontheline
05-10-2005, 01:00 AM
At first glance, sans reads, none of these hands looks like you played them very badly.

jdock99
05-10-2005, 01:09 AM
Trust me, there is nothing special about your "bad run." I once lost w/ aces 6 times in a row in 10-20 6 max, with 2 of those losses being against KK where it was capped head up preflop and K came on the board.

ggbman
05-10-2005, 01:11 AM
Hand 2 is an easy fold and there is no way you should be betting the river in hand 3.

SlyGuy
05-10-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Trust me, there is nothing special about your "bad run." I once lost w/ aces 6 times in a row in 10-20 6 max, with 2 of those losses being against KK where it was capped head up preflop and K came on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say there was anything special about it. My kings over 20k hands i have played are under 60% winrate. I am wondering if I am misplaying them or something. I apparently win more with Jacks.

SlyGuy
05-10-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 is an easy fold and there is no way you should be betting the river in hand 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes 2 an easy fold? With 3 would you check call? or check fold?

jdock99
05-10-2005, 04:59 AM
Pocket kings is a hand that pretty much plays itself. You play it hard until you meet resistance, than you look at the board and the players giving you the resistance and go from there. The only way I have really seen kings seriously misplayed is by people who are completely unable to give them up when it is 100% obvious they are beat (ie, calling raises on the turn w/ a 4 straight on board, over-calling rivers by solid bettors w/ an ace on board, etc.) Therefor, there is probably nothing you could do to significantly increase how often you are winning with them. That is just luck. However, you do have control over how much $$ you win with them when you win and how much you lose with them when you lose, although I suspect that because it is a hand that plays itself you probably do not have much control over that either. So, if it seems that in the short run your kings are under-performing, that is just bad luck and there is not a whole lot you can do about it, and if they are over-performing, that is just good luck and there is not a whole lot you can do about this either. I have a feeling there are certain hands to look at when critiquing your play to try to find areas of improvement, but I am pretty sure AA &amp; KK are not particularly useful in this regard, as 23o and 27o are not. Because they are the two strongest/ most profitable hands their short term performance has an extremely important impact on your short term bottom line, but I am pretty sure that unless you are a very horrible post-flop player, your performance with these hands is dictated by luck and the quality of your opponents. (Ironically, if your opponents are poor you may win less with these hands, but win more $$)

helpmeout
05-10-2005, 05:14 AM
Nice post, it would be better with some spaces though.