PDA

View Full Version : Made the Flush, now What?

CCass
05-10-2005, 12:14 AM
This hand has been bothering me for a couple of days. PF I certainly could have folded, and do quite often with this hand. The turn call is questionable, but I thought I could bust 1 (or both) of them if I make the flush.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 ($76.65)
CO ($107.65)
Hero ($190)
SB ($215.65)
BB ($156.55)
UTG ($68.15)
UTG+1 ($314.70)
MP1 ($446.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $4</font>, CO calls $4, Hero calls $4, SB calls $3, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $2.

Flop: ($22) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $14</font>, UTG+1 calls $14, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero calls $14.

Turn: ($64) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $28</font>, UTG+1 calls $28, Hero calls $28.

River: ($148) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $268.7 (All-In)</font>

Ok, I got my wish, now what?

TreyOfLight
05-10-2005, 12:22 AM
Now you fold. Drawing to a non-nut flush in a 3-way pot is a big mess. If you're going to play it out, I think you need to raise somewhere and give the OTHER flush draw incorrect odds.

PoBoy321
05-10-2005, 12:25 AM
I think that the pre-flop call is fine on the button with all those limpers in front of you.

The only thing that I don't like about the turn call is that since no one has shown any strength and with your pair + flush draw, I think that this would be a great spot for a turn semi-bluff raise.

On the river, I really think that this is an easy fold. The only possible hand that I see villain having which you beat is QT, which I really don't think that many decent players are going to open limp with UTG.

Do you have any read?

swolfe
05-10-2005, 10:06 AM
i might have either raised the flop as a free card play and to try to knock out the other caller, or folded the flop. UTG+1 cold-calls the bet...which means he either has a strong enough hand to slowplay or he's on a draw...probably the same draw you're on.

yeah, i think the flop is a fold...you don't have to play every flush draw you flop if the action doesn't look favorable.

BZ_Zorro
05-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Does anyone see a set possibility here? (badly -or maybe not so badly - played).

Matt Flynn
05-10-2005, 11:29 AM
CCass,

I call there preflop every time.

On the river default for me is to fold. His hand played and smelled like a flush, and he has put a sizeable stack in. If he "played" you fine, but he bet huge into two players who could easily have flushes.

Against a river-aggressive or terrible opponent calling can be profitable.

Keep in mind you also have to worry about the first player having a bigger flush.

If you folded and he showed a weaker hand no worries. He took a lot of risk and got rewarded this time but will get busted next time.

Matt

RedRum
05-10-2005, 01:05 PM
With the 5th possible high flush, you're really not looking too good to that much of an over bet. I see you're committed to a few chips, but don't get stacked on this one.

Drink More,
RedRum

primetime32
05-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Definite fold. UTG+1 knows that he has to contend with, not only the SB who has been betting strong at this board, but also the player after him (you in this case). If he didnt have the ace high flush i would be shocked.

I like your preflop call, lots of possibilities and easy to get away from for cheap. Whenever i play hands like that and hit the flush draw i will usuaully fold if the pot is multiway and one other player is calling and i sense that he MAY be on the same flush draw. I hate callling to a possible second best hand if i can help it.

BreakfastBurrito
05-10-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he didnt have the ace high flush i would be shocked.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he did have the ace high flush what is he thinking trying to blow away the competition on the river? Go ahead and get stacked. Make the call, it's a massive pot if you win it and you're basically getting 2 to 1 at this point. You'll see QT or just some complete miss on a stone cold bluff often enough to make it worthwhile, assuming you have enough of a bankroll that getting stacked here doesn't phase you. Of course, I've never played stars so my read my be poop.