PDA

View Full Version : HELP>>>>>>Analyze this hand

PokerPot
11-26-2002, 11:16 AM
I was playing my regular session on PokerStars last night on $1/$2 PLO when this hand was dealt to me on my BB A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif
My turn comes, there's already a raise of $9 with 6 callers......I raised to $35 and could not get anyone out but one players....so leaving 5 players....

flop comes A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif
i bet $75 and player with nut flush raised full pot on me /forums/images/icons/confused.gif and beside him, there was one more player who called his raise.

The call for me is about another $140 and I had to pair the board to win that hand.....

So all you PLO players out there, what would you do in that situation........you'd gamble to the river to see if you made your boat or give up to th flush?

PS. I did fold since the call was very expensive and I didn't want to risk it all on one hand........did I do the right thing or ?

PPS. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif river did pair the board with 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Thanks,
Sam

(SaminDetroit)

beernutz
11-26-2002, 11:52 AM
If you ask this on the 'other poker games' forum you'll get answers from some very wise people who I never see post on this forum.

MS Sunshine
11-26-2002, 12:29 PM
"....you'll get answers from some very wise people who I never see post on this forum. "

Some of us know what you are trying to say here, BeerNutz.

MS Sunshine

beernutz
11-26-2002, 12:44 PM
heh, no, I wasn't taking a shot at anyone here. Your poker knowledge for example I will quickly admit, bestrides mine like the colossus of yore. Buzz, Beetman and a few others who read that other forum can be particularly insightful on questions like this yet I never see them post here though they could be lurking. I know you know this, but I thought I'd just expand on why I recommended the other forum given the opportunity.

MS Sunshine
11-26-2002, 01:24 PM
"bestrides mine like the colossus of yore"

Who talks like this? I don't know if you complimented me or insulted me, but I've made plans to find out. I had to read Beowolf, in school, it was filled with crap like this, but I thought everyone who talked like this died out. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

MS Sunshine

thebroker
11-26-2002, 01:32 PM

11-26-2002, 01:56 PM
I would check the flop and let the guy with the flush bet and see how many players come along with you, you've got the field drawing dead to the two of your hands. As it is you should never fold your hand, ever. You'd have pot odds to call just his raise of the pot getting two-to-one with implied odds. Given that there's another caller in there you're doing better than just fine. Wow, that pot should have made your night, you can't fold that hand, that's a premium hand in a big pot. PLO is a game of big draws and if you're laying this one down...wow. Good luck in the future.

beernutz
11-26-2002, 01:59 PM
Some of us dinosaurs survived the ice age. Actually that phrase is a favorite of mine I picked up from the rec.sport.football.college newsgroup. It is used to describe what is also sometimes called a RUTSing (running up the score) after the fact or to identify any vast difference in ability between two parties. So, yeah, it was a compliment, no need to go medieval on me. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Homer
11-26-2002, 03:11 PM
You can't lay this down. You are around 2:1 against filling by the river, and the pot odds are a good deal greater than 2:1, so you should call.

I would consider check-calling the flop rather than betting and trapping yourself into calling all-in. You are most likely behind a flush, so you have nothing more than a drawing hand.

Note that I am not exactly a PLO expert, so what I say should be taken with a grain of salt.

-- Homer

11-26-2002, 03:46 PM
I was thinking of same thing. I should've call his re-raise and take my chances but I guess I needed bigger balls /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

By the way, thanks to that user that recommended to post where this question belong and no need to start a War!!!

GL to all of you!

PokerPot
11-26-2002, 03:47 PM
OOOPPPPS forgot to login /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif