PDA

View Full Version : First Hand Post - Common Situation/Advice?

JohnEPark
05-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Hello, new guy here and truly playing micro-limits. I posted this hand for two reasons. One, because I quite frequently find myself up against this turn bet after I have raised the flop. Without a read is it a good move to raise again (as I did here)? Or can you logically assume the SB called with a weak Ace and has hit 2 pair?

The second reason I posted is for the river. Do I value bet here? I am losing to A4 - A8 and AK, any 7 or any odd 2 pair. I was new to the table with no reads and I just thought I was losing to too many hands and did not want to have to pay off a check raise.

Again I have no reads on anyone at the table, I am about 10 hands into my session.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

@bsolute_luck
05-09-2005, 10:30 PM
i'd either raise the turn for a free card on the river or call down if i didn't think that would work. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ianco15
05-09-2005, 10:35 PM
You played it perfectly until the river. Value bet, value bet, value bet. Sorry for repeating myself but it will help you remember.

UncleSalty
05-09-2005, 10:39 PM
SB's bet and BB's call on the flop are a good sign here. Since BB 3-bet and is just calling, he likely has a lower PP. SB won't have AK very often here, so you are likely ahead at this point. Good raise.

Turn: Uh oh, SB pulled a stop'n'go. This will often mean he picked up 2-pair, but not always. I would go into call down mode here.

Good check through on the river.

JohnEPark
05-10-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SB's bet and BB's call on the flop are a good sign here. Since BB 3-bet and is just calling, he likely has a lower PP. SB won't have AK very often here, so you are likely ahead at this point. Good raise.

Turn: Uh oh, SB pulled a stop'n'go. This will often mean he picked up 2-pair, but not always. I would go into call down mode here.

Good check through on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the comments. Here are the results.

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Kc As (one pair, aces).
UTG has 9d 9h (one pair, nines).
Hero has Ad Qh (one pair, aces).
Outcome: SB wins 17.50 BB. </font>

afk
05-10-2005, 12:32 AM
Hey man,

It's neat to see people starting out at Stars .05/.10, that's exactly where I started. You played this hand perfectly up until the river. Bet the river next time. I really like your turn raise by the way.

12ozLongneck
05-10-2005, 12:38 AM
Hey Johnny Park,

Bet the river. You are ahead more oft than not.