PDA

View Full Version : Two live 15/30 hands

onegymrat
05-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Hollywood Park, full main game. I am stuck like a dumb burglar in a chimney chute. Game is loose-aggressive but will normally slow down by the turn. There is one frequent pf raiser (Looney) who is the epitome of this game description.

Hand 1: One limper, Looney raises, one cold-caller. I call with 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the SB. BB calls as does limper. Five to the flop.

FLOP: 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked around. Still five players.

TURN: 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet. BB raises. BB plays a bit too loosely pf, but generally good postflop. The whole field folds. Your move?

Hand 2: Looney open-raises in MP. One cold-caller (his first orbit). I 3-bet with J /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button. All fold to Looney who calls as does new guy. Three to the flop.

FLOP: K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to me. I bet. Looney check-raises. New guy cold-calls two again. I call. Still three players.

TURN: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Looney checks. New guy bets. Your move?

All comments are appreciated. Thanks!

ActionBob
05-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Hand 1: 3- bet preflop and lead out the flop.

-ActionBob

goofball
05-09-2005, 11:07 PM
hand 1: I'm fine with not 3betting. Your set value is a little thin on your 9's and 5 is pretty close to 4 handed (which i belive is the the worst place to be with that kind of hand).

I'm not fine with not betting the flop. Your hand figures to be the best, and this looks like a great board for AK etc to check through. He's not getting any pocket pairs to fold and should be more than willing to take the free draw to his overcards. Don't let him.

Since BB elected to face the field with two bets I'm not ready to give him credit for a T. If he has a 6 I don't really like his raise either. He's either way behind a T or way ahead of everything else and he has no reason to want the field to fold. He could have a pocket pair higher than yours, but I think we would have likely heard from him before the flop if that was the case.

Call down.

hand 2:
Fold?

I want to calldown but i've been running bad and dropping into calldown mode too much lately. This looks like a decent spot to move on. You could have the best hand but villian check coldcalled on an entirely drawless board and is now pissed he can't raise the turn. Others should chime in as i'm ont 100% married to that play.

Klepton
05-10-2005, 12:13 AM
hand 1: with a looney raising, i'm 3-betting this everytime

Hand 2: although it might be results oriented, i would rather 3-bet the flop, then check the turn...but i'm still calling down here

El Dukie
05-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Without knowing more specifically which player was the BB in the first hand, I probably call him down here. There's enough of a chance that he's playing aggressive with an Ace or King kicker to make it worthwhile. You're getting 8-1 on the turn bet, so even if it costs you two bets to call him down (one on the turn, one on the river) you're still getting decent odds. It's player-dependent, though. Were you planning to checkraise the flop?

Hand 2: 3-bet the flop. Raise the turn. Looney doesn't have a King. Loonies wait to the turn to raise if they flop trips. Make him pay to chase you in case he has an A, Q, or 3. If the turn-bettor 3-bets, you have a tough decision. Since it's his first orbit, I'd probably call him down, too, just to get a read on his play.

onegymrat
05-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Hi K,

Hand 1: This is a sure cap with five players in. The whole table knows the looseness of Looney's play. Isolation attempts are futile. I don't want to go in with 20 bets in the pot in the worse position. I was hoping to get a checkraise in on the flop to find my position, but that was thwarted by the check-around.

Hand 2: 3-betting was a close second option, but the cold-caller's second cold-call really concerned me. If I were headsup with Looney, this is undoubtedly a reraise. If checked to again, I would have checked the turn.

Michael Davis
05-10-2005, 01:38 AM
"If checked to again, I would have checked the turn."

I don't like this plan at all. I don't think it's worth giving your opponents a chance to catch an ace or Q or hit their pocket pair to make sure you get to the river. This might be okay with AA but it isn't with JJ. Anyways, it's a pretty damn easy fold to a checkraise so you don't have to worry about making an incorrect fold.

As for the actual hand, I would usually fold, because what can he have when he calls two cold like that on the flop and then comes firing on the turn. Of course he's new, so he could just be awful, so who knows. All in all it's a pretty damn tough spot, I think. I'm not particularly worried about Looney's hand.

-Michael

steveyz
05-10-2005, 02:09 AM
Hand 1: I probably fold. I would have bet the flop.

Hand 2: I call down.

NMcNasty
05-10-2005, 02:27 AM
Hand 1: I would fold the turn. You have no outs vs a ten and only two against a six, while if your opponent is bluffing with a high kicker, he has between 3 and 6 outs.

Hand 2: Call down I guess. I don't see what 3 betting the flop accomplishes, there's no hand that threatens you that just 1 more bet will push away. I don't like folding before the river under any circumstance unless its 2 bets to you.

onegymrat
05-10-2005, 02:42 AM
Hand 1: BB will make plays postflop if necessary and I just don't see her raising me with a 10. She wouldn't want to drive out callers with the nut full-house. If she had a 6, she should be weary of the possible 10 behind her, thereby making her raise suspicious again. I was counting on her having an ace, and she putting me on the same hand. I called . The river was the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I checked as did she. She had A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and takes the pot.

Hand 2: I don't see a logical reason why cold-caller would call the flop for two bets without a king. True, he could be a nutso calling with ace-high, but when he bet the turn to not allow the free card, it just wasn't worth the extra $60 to see if I was ahead. I WAS the pf 3-bettor (which means I have AK of course /images/graemlins/grin.gif), and he disregarded that completely. If I was compelled to see his hand, I would have raised the turn and checked the river down (barring a 3-bet which I would fold to). We both folded and cold-caller took it down without showing.

Thanks for the replies. These two hands bothered me...and still does.

El Dukie
05-10-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I was compelled to see his hand

[/ QUOTE ]

For meta-game reasons, I still would have called down on hand #2. Since my opponent is new, I want to get a line on his play, and put him on notice that he can't run over me. (Assuming typical HPC 15-30 players, this can be important. They're not ultra-aggressive, but it will make them think twice about putting moves on you when you raise preflop.)