PDA

View Full Version : Papa John's garlic sauce?

BusterStacks
05-09-2005, 09:49 PM
I just got a pizza, how bad for you do you think this sauce is? It's tasty, but I somehow got to thinking it was probably deadly. Let me clarify, is it worse for me than the actual pizza? Time is a factor people, let's hear it.

NLSoldier
05-09-2005, 09:50 PM
Its gross, as is papa johns pizza. THe smell of that [censored] makes me want to puke.

BusterStacks
05-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Wrong. Papa John's is delicious and clearly superior to both Domino's and Pizza Hut.

mason55
05-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Yes it is deadly. Deadly delicious.

Victor
[ QUOTE ]
clearly superior to both Domino's and Pizza Hut.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is like saying someone is superior to the .5/1 players on party.

Phoenix1010
The garlic sauce is awesome on breadsticks. Good stuff. It's so thick that it has to be bad for you though.

BusterStacks
05-09-2005, 09:54 PM
yay for food snobs...

Duke
05-09-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wrong. Papa John's is delicious and clearly superior to both Domino's and Pizza Hut.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think this, and one day I just started not liking it at all. I don't know what it is.

I'm back to choosing Dominos over it, which is sad.

~D

mason55
05-09-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yay for food snobs...

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] all the haters, Papa John's is good for standard issue delivery pizza. We're not all eating wheat crust with capers, guyere, and black olives for dinner on a monday night.

NLSoldier
05-09-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think this, and one day I just started not liking it at all. I don't know what it is.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. It was my favorite for a little while and then one day it just became nausiating. I really have no idea why.

bernie
05-09-2005, 10:01 PM
nice to see their actually using a spice in their sauce.

It used to taste like tomato paste. It sucked.

On a side note: I like roundtable. This is also location dependent. Some RTs suck, others are great. However, their sauce has a little kick to it. Almost like they put some tobasco or something in it, yet without the tobasco 'flavor'. Great to clean out those sinus'.

b

b

BusterStacks
05-09-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The garlic sauce is awesome on breadsticks. Good stuff. It's so thick that it has to be bad for you though.

[/ QUOTE ]

So i opened it and decided to eat it. Dude, didn't they used to make this stuff differently? It used to be liquidy and now it really IS thick. Anyway, I remember it being a lot better, this is not so good.

balkii
05-09-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yay for food snobs...

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] all the haters, Papa John's is good for standard issue delivery pizza. We're not all eating wheat crust with capers, guyere, and black olives for dinner on a monday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that sounds gross. black olives??! please, i only eat kalamatas.

tbach24
05-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Domino's, Papa John's, and Pizza Hut = the suck. Local pizza places are so much more legit.

BusterStacks
05-09-2005, 10:04 PM
It's raining and I have no car. Closest food place is a little less than half a mile. My options are limited. No Roundtable or Godfather's within a delivering radius.

billyjex
05-09-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that stuff is the bomb.

rmarotti
05-09-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

potd

Alobar
05-09-2005, 10:07 PM
its god damn tasty.

Its not very good for you, but then neither is pizza, so since you are already in, go in all the way

papa johns owns, anyone who says otherwise is suspect!

NLSoldier
05-09-2005, 10:09 PM
<----suspect

Joe826
05-09-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is 100% true. the best part is, i have a kickass coupon that expired three months ago but they still honor it, they just ask how much the coupon is for and never take it when they come to the door.

i personally love the garlic sauce, but you just have to be sure to shake it before you eat it. the only problem is alot of times the container is half open so it gets all over your clothes/unmentionables and you smell like [censored] for the rest of the night.

thesharpie
05-09-2005, 10:20 PM
What I wouldn't give for a Papa John's ham and mushroom. I've been stuck with shittle ceaser's lately. It was alright, and cheap, the first time I had it, it blows lately though. Sometimes the tomato sauce tastes like Fing licorice!

I imagine the garlic sauce is worse for you than movie theater buttery stuff.

sublime
05-09-2005, 10:22 PM
papa johns owns

its better than dominos or pizza hut but not as good as papa ginos (are they nationwide?) also sbarros is better than them all, but they dont deliver.

non-chain shops usually trump them all

Joe826
05-09-2005, 10:22 PM
the only thing i like about little caesars is the seasoning packets they give you. i could eat those straight for several days on end.

tbach24
05-09-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
papa johns owns

its better than dominos or pizza hut but not as good as papa ginos (are they nationwide?) also sbarros is better than them all, but they dont deliver.

non-chain shops usually trump them all

[/ QUOTE ]

Gino's is great. But when I go there I HAVE to get the chicken parm because it's just so good and the breadsticks are the nuts. I don't believe it's nationwide, probably just a New England thing.

sublime
05-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Gino's is great. But when I go there I HAVE to get the chicken parm because it's just so good

me and a chick got some the other night and we split a chick parm sand. very goot.

AncientPC
05-10-2005, 12:56 AM
It's pure fat, but I'm not sure how they keep it in liquid form. Probably additives or something.

The garlic sauce is the only thing that makes the crust edible.

I used to be a fan of Papa John's, but I got tired of their toppings falling off. I just got tired of pizza in general, rather have some wings these days.

Brain
05-10-2005, 01:11 AM
The first ingredient is oil?

Alobar
05-10-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
also sbarros is better than them all,

[/ QUOTE ]

oh my god, are you serious???? Mayve its different on the east coast, but out her sbarro is never found anywhere but the mall food court, and mall food court anything = [censored] nasty. (cept the corn dog stand, those places own all ass)

rmarotti
05-10-2005, 02:01 AM
This is 100% true,and I don't think it has anything to do with east coast / west coast. Sbarros sucks everywhere.

Nottom
05-10-2005, 02:07 AM
I'm sure its worse for you by weight than the actual pizza, but the whole pizza is almost certainly worse for you than the cup of sauce.

But its yummy and IMO the best part about Papa John's pizza.

Nottom
05-10-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the same way. I think I just ate way too much PJs in college.

I usually try and get pizza from one of the local pizzarias but when I want it delivered we alternate between PJs and Dominos only becasue my wife prefers Papa Johns.

Nottom
05-10-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So i opened it and decided to eat it. Dude, didn't they used to make this stuff differently? It used to be liquidy and now it really IS thick. Anyway, I remember it being a lot better, this is not so good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its supposed to be thick. It gets runny if it sits around, then you have to stir it up to thicken it.

Nottom
05-10-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the only thing i like about little caesars is the seasoning packets they give you. i could eat those straight for several days on end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the only thing I like about Little Caesars is that its $5 for a pizza. Plus I love their bread sticks/sauce.

LCs is a very hit or miss chain though. Some of them are good (when I was growing up there was one nearby that was very good and I would eat it over most other chains even if it cost the same) but lots of them are very marginal at best.

AncientPC
05-10-2005, 02:24 AM
I haven't seen a LC's in TX since the early 90's.

Gumby's has cheap pizza though. Cici's buffet has horrible pizza but is the best place to stuff yourself silly as a broke college kid.

Alobar
05-10-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the only thing I like about Little Caesars is that its $5 for a pizza. Plus I love their bread sticks/sauce.

LCs is a very hit or miss chain though. Some of them are good (when I was growing up there was one nearby that was very good and I would eat it over most other chains even if it cost the same) but lots of them are very marginal at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to work at a little ceasers....they made their dough fresh every day. contrast that to pizza hut (worked there too) and their dough comes in a truck frozen and you spray this toxic nasty crap on it to get it to rise and become doughy.

LC = way better than pizza hut

Eurotrash
05-10-2005, 02:59 AM
I've never actually been daring enough to try it, but I can tell you if it gets left out for more than about 2 or 3 days, it produces one of the most wretched odors one can conceive of /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Joe826
05-10-2005, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never actually been daring enough to try it, but I can tell you if it gets left out for more than about 2 or 3 days, it produces one of the most wretched odors one can conceive of /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

it is really bad. on one particular occasion i left a PJ's box in my room with one of those containers inside. while picking up i forgot the container was in there, half eaten, so i picked up the box to crush it (to just generally be a badass). the remnants of the container spilled down my shirt and crotchal area. it was not good.

TimTimSalabim
05-10-2005, 04:25 AM
Dammit, this thread is making me hungry for pizza. I wish I hadn't discovered it at 1:24 in the morning /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

shant
05-10-2005, 04:28 AM
The only one, true garlic sauce there is comes from Zankou (http://www.zankouchicken.com/). Holy [censored] I wish I had some chicken right now.

Blarg
05-10-2005, 04:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Spread some tomato sauce on a newspaper and it's better than Dominos.

Blarg
05-10-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
nice to see their actually using a spice in their sauce.

It used to taste like tomato paste. It sucked.

On a side note: I like roundtable. This is also location dependent. Some RTs suck, others are great. However, their sauce has a little kick to it. Almost like they put some tobasco or something in it, yet without the tobasco 'flavor'. Great to clean out those sinus'.

b

b

[/ QUOTE ]

THe times I had Roundtable, the crust tasted exactly like a pastry, it was so sweet. Really nasty. Also, the bottom was completely soaked in oil, as in dripping. Definitely unforgettably bad.

The toppings were good, but the crust was clearly created by the forces of evil.

Blarg
05-10-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is 100% true,and I don't think it has anything to do with east coast / west coast. Sbarros sucks everywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one in downtown L.A. had pretty decent pizza.

nicky g
05-10-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm that Sbarro also sucks in Europe.

rmarotti
05-10-2005, 05:10 AM
Awesome.

jason_t
05-10-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm that Sbarro also sucks in Europe.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Sbarro in the Amsterdam airport is amazing. I was not stoned at the time nor am I now.

ethan
05-10-2005, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only one, true garlic sauce there is comes from Zankou (http://www.zankouchicken.com/). Holy [censored] I wish I had some chicken right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bastard.

On the plus side, they're opening one about a mile from my apartment. 2-3 more months until it opens I think.

philharmonic
05-10-2005, 05:19 AM
Papa John's garlic sauce is the nuts. The pure nuts.