PDA

View Full Version : espn.com poll on best current NFL wide receiver

Dynasty
11-26-2002, 03:26 AM
This topic seems to be a point of contention among certan posters here.

espn.com has a poll asking "Who's the best receiver in the NFL right now?" At the time of my post, 197,066 votes had been cast with these results.

Marvin Harrison 42.7%
Terrell Owens 29.2%
Jerry Rice 11.5%
Hines Ward 8.0%
Randy Moss 4.5%
Eric Moulds 3.0%
Jimmy Smith 0.8%

Clarkmeister
11-26-2002, 04:04 AM
I'd take TO over Harrison, but I understand those who take Marvin.

I'd also take Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith, Tory Holt, Isaac Bruce or David Boston over either Hines Ward or Eric Moulds.

Oh, and my man Jerry Rice had another 7 rec, 100+ yrds and a TD this weekend at 40 yrs old.

B-Man
11-26-2002, 09:49 AM

11-26-2002, 03:59 PM
This pains me to say but T.O. is the best wide receiver right now in football. He isn't lazy like Randy Moss. Marvin Harrison is #2.I like T.O. for his size and speed. This admission hurt so bad because I have been a Dallas Cowboy fan since the day I was born, I bleed blue and silver,Long live Tom Landry!!!

B-Man
11-26-2002, 04:12 PM
It is close, and you can certainly make an argument for either of these guys (unlike Moss), but I would vote for Marvin because he is more productive, more consistent, and he has a better attitude (never causes dissension, unlike T.O.).

This year Marvin is going to be the first player in history with over 100 receptions 4 consecutive years. He has played the same number of seasons as Owens, and he has significantly more receptions (over 100 more) and yards (about 1,000 more), and is slightly ahead in touchdowns.

T.O. may be bigger and stronger, but Marvin is my choice.

IrishHand
11-26-2002, 05:07 PM
I've gotta go with B-Man on this one.

Size and strength are totally overrated at the WR position. The best WRs in history were basically tall, thin guys. Their job is to catch the ball, then step out of bounds or get dragged down, generally by a smaller guy - as opposed to a RB, who's job it is to take a handoff then run straight at a bunch of steroid-crazed linebackers in the vain hopes that one'll have a muscle spasm and miss him.