PDA

View Full Version : 1st HUSH post - any autorate criteria for 6 max ?

beachbum
05-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Last week I decided to move past 3/6 so I'm going to 5/10 6-max with a stop for about 5,000 hands this week at 1/2 6-max. Bisonbison put together great autorating criteria for full ring based on a players VPIP, PFR, and post-flop agg number. Anyone do the same yet for 6-max? If not, any recommendations on how to tweak his number to adjust for SH play?

Also, if anyone has any favorite 6-max newb links you can post those or PM me as well. Look forward to spending some time here. Thanks.

Chris

goodguy_1
05-09-2005, 07:22 PM
I only use auto-ratings for full LHE. I dont use them for short LHE or full/short NLHE.

Scotch78
05-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Guido's 6max guide is the best collection of posts; it should be easy enough to find. As to auto-rate criteria . . . both their use and especially requests for them aren't well respected in HUSH.

Scott

PS I'd recommend the 3/6 short-handed at PokerStars, Paradise or PokerRoom instead of Party's 1/2, and 5,000 hands isn't enough if you have no 6max experience.

beachbum
05-09-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Guido's 6max guide is the best collection of posts; it should be easy enough to find. As to auto-rate criteria . . . both their use and especially requests for them aren't well respected in HUSH.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, got it. I was just looking for some type of standards I could start with and go from there.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd recommend the 3/6 short-handed at PokerStars, Paradise or PokerRoom instead of Party's 1/2, and 5,000 hands isn't enough if you have no 6max experience.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're suggesting the 3/6 games because they're tougher than Party's 1/2? So Party's 1/2 6-max is so soft it won't do a lot of good for me then, huh?

How many 6-max hands should I put in before tackling the Party 5/10 6-max?

7ontheline
05-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Autorate for SH is less useful because everything is so read-dependent. I only use it very roughly - I do rate people with VPIP >50, PFR <8 and T Agg <1 as people I defnitely want to follow around, but that's about it.