PDA

View Full Version : Why table selection can help (struggling with your NL 25 BR or play?)

boondockst
05-09-2005, 06:30 PM
I intentionally skip around finding passive yet willing to call tables and specifically those with a few shorter stacks. Villain 75/14 over 28 hands. Shown some donkish moves. I'm pretty sure this is the only pot he showed any aggression on. What horrid timing.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($4.25)
CO ($10.25)
Button ($31.45)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($5.21)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($41.24)</font>
UTG ($2.9)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $0.65</font>, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.50) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB calls $4.46 (All-In), Hero calls $4.46.

Turn: ($10.42) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($10.42) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $10.42

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Td Ac (one pair, sixes).
Hero has 2d Ad (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins $10.42. </font>

Mavellan22 has left the table.
Even better, these guys often rebuy for some ridiculously small amount.
I played against one guy who would bring $5 and when he got up to $15 (if he did) "bank it" by leaving/returning. Busted his tiny stack a few times and it's nice when the short stacks go all in into your monster and you can sometimes just smooth call and others behind call as well.

FreakDaddy
05-09-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Even better, these guys often rebuy for some ridiculously small amount.
I played against one guy who would bring $5 and when he got up to $15 (if he did) "bank it" by leaving/returning. Busted his tiny stack a few times and it's nice when the short stacks go all in into your monster and you can sometimes just smooth call and others behind call as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are guys playing the 2+2 system that they read in the new book put out by this publishing company. If you understand it, then you can just get out of there way when they go all in, unless of course you have a made hand.

boondockst
05-09-2005, 06:37 PM
no idea what you refer to but ok.

FreakDaddy
05-09-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a small buy-in system that I don't have the time to explain right now, perhaps someone else can, but the title of the book is called, "Getting Started in Hold 'em".

Tboner7
05-09-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a small buy-in system that I don't have the time to explain right now, perhaps someone else can, but the title of the book is called, "Getting Started in Hold 'em".

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there is a thread about it somewhere.

boondockst
05-09-2005, 07:40 PM
and you seriously think that guy is following that book? The comments he made simply sounded like scared money.

As i was pushing some hapless folks around in a pot he was cackling "WHERES YOUR MONEY YOU DUMBA**ES NOT IN THE BANK"

jkkkk
05-09-2005, 07:43 PM
lol, theres some people testing some min buy in system that was recommended by a respected poker player, do 2+2'ers include insults among there tactics now? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

boondockst
05-09-2005, 07:56 PM
I doubt it...the guy was EXTREMELY annoying and if he thought for a second about my play, he'd think i was 2+2