PDA

View Full Version : Poker in Reno/Lake Tahoe

angry young man
11-25-2002, 08:59 PM
I'm going to be headed out that way for a wedding soon, anyone know if there are any cardrooms there. If so, where and how good.

thanks a lot

sucka
11-26-2002, 12:43 AM
As far as I know - the only place to play there is Harvey's. I played there when my wife and I went in February of this year and the games were good - low limit though - $3-6 most times and one night they had a $4-8 HE game going. I wasn't there over the entire weekend though so maybe the games get better on those nights. I played weeknights and it was all regulars but still the game was good enough that I made some money.

There may be some other places to play around there now - perhaps Harrah's. Maybe someone who has been there more recently can let you know.

Good Luck!

11-26-2002, 01:59 PM
Harvey's offers a 10-20 1/2 kill game on weekends with a Pot Limit Game that starts at 3pm Sunday. Depending on volume they also offer 6-12 full kill on weekends.

Horizon recently added some low-limit and spread-limit games. Not as good as Harvey's though.

Reno chec the Peppermill or El Dorado. Both offer mid-limit and low-limit games. More pro's in those games.

Good Luck and see you at the tables! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

11-26-2002, 02:21 PM

11-26-2002, 10:29 PM
Was at the El Dorado a couple of weeks ago...2 to 4 3-6 games going with and without kill, another couple of 4-8 with kill (all hold'em). 1 to 3 1-5 stud games at varying times, and a small no-limit hold'em game that started Friday evening.

The hold'em jackpot went off that weekend (not at my table /forums/images/icons/frown.gif ) for 44K total. Quad 8's was beaten by quad A's. "Loser" picked up $22K.