PDA

View Full Version : Showers

tbach24
05-09-2005, 04:10 PM
Cold showers when it's hot outside = teh pwn.

Discuss

sublime
05-09-2005, 04:11 PM
i think hot showers when its cold outside are 100 times better.

tbach24
05-09-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think hot showers when its cold outside are 100 times better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I prefer sleeping/being under blankets when it's cold out. There's really nothing here to cool me off other than a cold shower. Also, just splashing cold water in my face is refreshing.

Eurotrash
05-09-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]

Golden showers at any ambient temperature? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

astroglide
05-09-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think hot showers when its cold outside are 100 times better

[/ QUOTE ]

i used to have this effect in high school where i'd run outside fresh from a blazing hot shower and walk to school (i lived really close for a while). the air was obviously cold, but the walk across the football fields and whatnot was fine. often though, maybe about 2 minutes after entering the heated buildings, my skin would feel like it had been set on fire for a period of minutes. some kind of hot/cold/hot/moisture combination thing, but man, was it BRUTAL.

sublime
05-09-2005, 04:18 PM
are you into cutting yourself also? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tbach24
05-09-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

sublime
05-09-2005, 04:20 PM
i am not a big fan of cold water. i dunno why, even in the summer i dont look forward to jumping in a cold pool.

tbach24
05-09-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i am not a big fan of cold water. i dunno why, even in the summer i dont look forward to jumping in a cold pool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't either. I should expand. I start off warm, get comfortable, move it to luke warm, get comfortable, move it to cool, get comfortable, and then move it to cold to finish me off. It's really a nice feeling. Sort of like adjusting to the water in the pool (because I am a huge puss).

The Dude
05-09-2005, 04:25 PM
I like hot showers. Like really, really hot showers. Hot enough that I prefer to leave the door to my bathroom open, because otherwise the steam gets thick enough it's not comfortable to breathe.

jakethebake
05-09-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like hot showers. Like really, really hot showers. Hot enough that I prefer to leave the door to my bathroom open, because otherwise the steam gets thick enough it's not comfortable to breathe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, except the steam is part of why I like them so hot. I do not like cold water.

TimM
05-09-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, but I do like finishing the hot shower by turning it to cold for a few seconds.

The Dude
05-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Don't get me wrong, steam is good. I like it. The problem is that I like to breathe as well, and I often crank the water hot enought that I can't have both. Especially if the the bathroom is small, or if I'm tired and take a long shower.

Eurotrash
05-09-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, uh, woops. What I of course meant to say was that I'm a fan of hot showers

AncientPC
05-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Hot showers when it's cold.

When taking a cold shower on a hot day, the instant I step out of the shower I'm sweating again. Plus steam acts as a humidifier.

thatpfunk
05-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Drinking a cold beer in a hot shower while getting ready to go out is one of my favorite small pleasures.

jba
05-09-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Drinking a cold beer in a hot shower while getting ready to go out is one of my favorite small pleasures.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are very few things in life that are better than this.

tbach24
05-09-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds very nice. I like your new avatar btw. Great painting IMO

Blarg
05-09-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, but I do like finishing the hot shower by turning it to cold for a few seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that. Crank it cold slowly enough and it's never really uncomfortable; it just gets more and more invigorating and really wakes you up and makes you feel good.

Plus, it's a good way to get out of a long hot shower without feeling groggy or starting to sweat under your clothes.

AncientPC
05-09-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Spontaneous sex in the shower.

thatpfunk
05-09-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Spontaneous sex in the shower.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sexual encounters are usually not considered small pleasures.

TimTimSalabim
05-09-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hot showers when it's cold.

When taking a cold shower on a hot day, the instant I step out of the shower I'm sweating again. Plus steam acts as a humidifier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you just need to wait before drying off, because the evaporation of the water on your skin will cool you down. Which is why you freeze your ass off getting out of the shower on a cold day, until you get dried off.

BWebb
05-09-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I feel as well. I'm pasty white, so when I get done with a nice hot shower, my skin is bright red. It's awesome.

Wes ManTooth
05-09-2005, 07:12 PM
"Shampoo is better. I go on first and clean the hair. Conditioner is better. I leave the hair silky and smooth. Oh, really, fool? Really."