PDA

View Full Version : Will this run 2 Monitors?

titans01
05-09-2005, 03:49 PM
This is the computer I have
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3649964

It has a Nvidia GeForce4 MX Graphics 64MB DDR Shared Memory card.

My question is will this run 2- Dell 2001FPs or do I need to add another graphics card? Or do I just start over with a new system?

Thanks in advance.

AncientPC
05-09-2005, 03:51 PM
Description isn't specific enough.

TheHammer24
05-09-2005, 04:04 PM
eh....I don't like EMachines.

x2ski
05-09-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the computer I have
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3649964

It has a Nvidia GeForce4 MX Graphics 64MB DDR Shared Memory card.

My question is will this run 2- Dell 2001FPs or do I need to add another graphics card? Or do I just start over with a new system?

Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

The card itself will support multiple monitors, but does it have the outputs for them?

Look on the back of your computer and find the card. Does it have one or two display connections? They both might not look the same (one might have square holes instead of round ones). The 2001FPs require the square holes AFAIK, but you can get adaptors that work in the conventional port (round holes).

If you only have one display port, you need either a new card with two ports or an additional cheapo card to complement the one you currently have.

I am a computer god... fear me.

x2ski
05-09-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
eh....I don't like EMachines.

[/ QUOTE ]

very helpful.

AncientPC
05-09-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 2001FPs require the square holes AFAIK, but you can get adaptors that work in the conventional port (round holes).

[/ QUOTE ]

They come with both DVI + analog connectors.

titans01
05-09-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Look on the back of your computer and find the card. Does it have one or two display connections? They both might not look the same (one might have square holes instead of round ones). The 2001FPs require the square holes AFAIK, but you can get adaptors that work in the conventional port (round holes).

If you only have one display port, you need either a new card with two ports or an additional cheapo card to complement the one you currently have.

I am a computer god... fear me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I think it only has one looking at it. Above it is a serial port that is shaped the same just with different connectors. If I did install a second card, I'm not sure where the port would fit unless I could replace that serial port with a second monitor one.

Also does a new Dell come with the ports on it that I would need?

AncientPC
05-09-2005, 07:02 PM
http://img22.echo.cx/img22/9897/1410250201jpg0hc.jpg

You need 1 blue + 1 white connector, or 2 white connectors.

If you only have 1 connector, then you need a new video card with two connectors or a second PCI video card.

titans01
05-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Well thanks for your help. Looks like I will definately have to add a graphics card. Just hope my dumbass doesn't screw something up doing it.