PDA

View Full Version : Why wouldn't Empire just selectively give bonuses?

Fraubump
05-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Closing accounts seems dumb. I can see the business sense in wanting to stop people who only hit and run bonuses, but at least some of those people might be potential future regular customers. Make all bonuses by invitation only or switch to another scheme (like the popular direct rake-back based on volume of play) that can't actually lose them money.

AncientPC
05-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Because they're dumb.

BiffMan
05-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Yeah, "thinking" and "planning" don't really seem to be words that Empire's familiar with... They appear to be more at the knee-jerk-reaction stage at the moment.

jba
05-09-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Closing accounts seems dumb. I can see the business sense in wanting to stop people who only hit and run bonuses, but at least some of those people might be potential future regular customers. Make all bonuses by invitation only or switch to another scheme (like the popular direct rake-back based on volume of play) that can't actually lose them money.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's probably harder. Not much harder sure, but I'm pretty sure they don't care much.

if you only ever played during bonuses there's no reason to think you'll start playing if they stop giving you bonuses.

Piers
05-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Internal company politics.

FlFishOn
05-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Empire found the lose/lose route through this issue. What else are they capable of f-ing up? No limit to their incompetence I can see.

I always keep my BRs tiny so I'm not worried.

Nick B.
05-09-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know that Empire didn't cross reference and check if the people's whose accounts they were closing played a lot at another party skin. That would mean there is almost a 0% chance of them becoming a regular empire customer. These people didn't play there to begin with, so there is no reason for them to have an account. Do you also get pissed off at businesses who have expiration dates on cash gift certificates, even though never having them expire will f up their accounting.

Leavenfish
05-09-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[

How do you know that Empire didn't cross reference and check if the people's whose accounts they were closing played a lot at another party skin. That would mean there is almost a 0% chance of them becoming a regular empire customer. These people didn't play there to begin with, so there is no reason for them to have an account. Do you also get pissed off at businesses who have expiration dates on cash gift certificates, even though never having them expire will f up their accounting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

And just why does everyone all of a sudden think they know more about making money in an online poker operation than those who run Empire? I have to laugh sometimes.

---Leavenfish

BusterStacks
05-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Meanwhile at Empire Poker headquarters, the staff is hard at work:

http://wilde.cdmarketing.com.au/images/monkeys_computers.jpg

TStoneMBD
05-09-2005, 09:43 PM
nice post