PDA

View Full Version : WTF is wrong with 2+2?

wacki
05-09-2005, 01:03 PM
Why won't they split up OOT? I don't recognize 1/2 of the thread starters. Their advertisers pay based on traffic. I would think making OOT easier to read and less clogged would be +EV for Zee and friends. What is the logic behind refusing to split OOT despite so many respected posters wanting a split?

jakethebake
05-09-2005, 01:05 PM
WTF are you talking about? What split up? Who wants it?

[ QUOTE ]
Why won't they split up OOT? I don't recognize 1/2 of the thread starters. Their advertisers pay based on traffic. I would think making OOT easier to read and less clogged would be +EV for Zee and friends. What is the logic behind refusing to split OOT despite so many respected posters wanting a split?

[/ QUOTE ]

manpower
05-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Yeah we had one or two threads about it, and everyone seemed pretty much in agreement. But has anyone actually taken the time to petition Mat?

Inthacup
05-09-2005, 01:10 PM
I don't know about an OOT split, but I fully endorse a room with a minimum post count required for viewing/posting in threads.

IndieMatty
05-09-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you just want to take sports out?

That should be done.

wacki
05-09-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF are you talking about? What split up? Who wants it?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you hadn't started a thread asking for this I wouldn't of picked up on the sarcasm.

tolbiny
05-09-2005, 01:15 PM
That would just encourage a new members to post a huge amount initially.

wacki
05-09-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything will help. I can't read this forum anymore. Threads get buried way too quickly and I don't know who most of the people are.

odellthurman
05-09-2005, 01:19 PM
You don't "recognize" thread starters? And "respected posters"? You do recognize that you are an anonymous internet guy named Wacki whose theme picture is a guy with his head up his ass?

wacki
05-09-2005, 01:22 PM
When you realize how dumb your post is, feel free to delete it.

nolanfan34
05-09-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Threads get buried way too quickly and I don't know who most of the people are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I pretty much stopped posting/reading OOT for this reason. Way too many stupid sex-related posts, links to not very funny stories on other web sites, and other dumb threads. Feels like this part of the forum has been run over by a bunch of 16 year olds.

Once in a while there's something worth discussing, like El D's jukebox selections. But you have to wade through too much crap IMO.

Inthacup
05-09-2005, 01:29 PM
That would just encourage a new members to post a huge amount initially.

Setting it at 1500+ posts would discourage most trolls/newbies from attempting such a thing. BUT, even if they were to do something like that, they could easily be barred from the room.

Voltron87
05-09-2005, 01:32 PM
This forum needs two things: a split and a moderator. A moderator who throws out stupid topics.

jakethebake
05-09-2005, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A moderator who throws out stupid topics.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Someone here will think every topic is stupid. I think all the rap topics are stupid. Given that you're clearly gay, you'll probably think all the hot chick threads are stupid. I think this is a bad, bad idea.

Blarg
05-09-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That should be done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could go with a separate sports forum. It's as legitimate as a politics one and would serve the same function. Come the height of football or baseball or basketball season, OOT is pretty much buried in sports threads.

theBruiser500
05-09-2005, 02:27 PM
just want to voice my support again for splitting up the OOT section. as people said posts get burried too fast, too many new posters

2planka
05-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Meh.

I don't read the topics I think are dumb/unfunny/worthless. The dumb sex polls, who's hotter threads, how many [insert age group here] threads, I could do without, but this is OOT, afterall.

Even if you were to restrict access, post count is a completely arbitrary gate key. 1500 worthless posts are still worthless.

Aytumious
05-09-2005, 02:32 PM
I made what was deemed a stupid post and was appropriately flamed and ignored. In fact, Wacki will probably not even see this. I think most of the newer posters assume -- as I did -- that since most of the threads they see are fairly humorous and childish, there are not really any standards as to what is fine to post. Given the nature of OOT, I think it would be difficult to have any type of standards since the correlation between post count and quality is not necessarily a strong one.

ThaSaltCracka
05-09-2005, 02:59 PM
hmmmm.... I can mod at night.

AncientPC
05-09-2005, 03:07 PM
This is bringing elitism to a new level, it's OOT for crying out loud.

I do think there should be a seperate sports forum though.

DeezNuts
05-09-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is bringing elitism to a new level, it's OOT for crying out loud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then, when the new forum clogs up there can be a OOOOT created for people with 10k+ posts.

DN

Pocket Trips
05-09-2005, 03:46 PM
This would ruin the regular forum.... There are already enough "Quote only" posts In here That piss me off... besides Do you really want a forum where dead's stupid posts aren't able to be made fun of by EVERYONE? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DBowling
05-09-2005, 06:34 PM
somebody should PM this link to whoever makes these decisions. i agree a sports forum would be a nice split.

astroglide
05-09-2005, 06:41 PM
sports absolutely needs to get split

Stuey
05-09-2005, 07:52 PM
I'm new and good chance I am viewed as part of the problem. Could one of the respected posters make a best 10 threads once per week? Or you could let a different poster make it each week. Just a idea.

Mat Sklansky
05-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Sports has been approved and will be added by Chuck this week. If it's not someone pm me a reminder.

Mat

masse75
05-09-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about an OOT split, but I fully endorse a room with a minimum post count required for viewing/posting in threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a fairly new 2+2'er, I somewhat agree. I would say maybe a minimum post count for posting in certain threads--there's no reason to deny someone the ability to read a thread. I perused the site for about a month before giving my $.02 (really worth about half that).

However, a minimum post count can easily be defeated by "Deading" it--an exorbitant number of threads in a small period. I think he was to 4 digits within a month or two.

(I can blast him because he's still on that 10-day hiatus).

tbach24
05-09-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sports has been approved and will be added by Chuck this week. If it's not someone pm me a reminder.

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

WOOOOOOO. Although a ***You are ignoring this user*** reply would've been hilarious due to wacki's tendency to do that to people.

partygirluk
05-09-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

wonderwes
05-09-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent news. Watch OOT traffic take some of a drop.

Lawrence Ng
05-09-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawrence

NLSoldier
05-09-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sports absolutely needs to get split

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice work astro! I guess you are the man to come to with our complaints regarding 2+2 from now on /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

wacki
05-12-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

It's spam time. Ya baby ya!!!

Jeff W
05-12-2005, 11:53 PM
3-way split

OOT
Sports
Polls

wacki
05-18-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Need more spam.

tbach24
05-18-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Need more spam.

[/ QUOTE ]

From Mat:

[ QUOTE ]
It's coming. Chuck is working on making the sidebar easier to navigate

[/ QUOTE ]

Wooooo, it's coming /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif