PDA

View Full Version : KK hand on a tight table

Bradyams
05-09-2005, 12:42 PM
Sorry no Hand History - Prima's exporter is all screwed up.

I get dealt K/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG

Hero raises, UTG+1 calls, MP1 3bets, All Folds, Hero Caps, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop - 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds

Turn - A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero throws up in his mouth....?

<font color="blue">Do I call this down? Or just fold? </font>

xenthebrain
05-09-2005, 12:45 PM
The pot is too big to fold the 4th possibly best hand.

But it really looks like you are beaten :/

Womble
05-09-2005, 12:48 PM
The only hands that should sensibly call the flop are big cards hoping to hit a full house. This is a situation I find myself in alot (when I think my opponent hit trips)

Its very likely that your beaten and unless you have a specific read otherwise (likes to bluff, maniac etc.) you are going to lose alot finding out.

I personally fold this, even though you maybe should continue due to the pot size.

gharp
05-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Without a significant read, I'd call down (praying for a K or the 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif) and I'd hate myself for doing it...

bozlax
05-09-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Turn - A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero throws up in his mouth....?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gargle...call...check/call the river unless a 9 or K falls. I think Villan is going to show you a small/middle PP more often than A-rag or a 9, and certainly more than the roughly 4 out of 5 times you need to make this call right.

xenthebrain
05-09-2005, 01:18 PM
I think check/calling turn and river is correct here.

Betting out here doesn't make sense on 2nd thought.

You capped preflop, so when you bet and he has no 9 or A he will very likely fold.
If you check you might induce a bluff or a bet from any other pp and you get it cheaper to a showdown.

gopnik
05-09-2005, 01:27 PM
I like check/calling turn and river too.
If he has an A he'll raise. If he has QQ or JJ he might fold to a bet(and you don't want that to happen).

Bradyams
05-09-2005, 01:56 PM
Makes mucho sense, thanks guys.

BTW, I called down and he showed me A2o...fun times.

Grail
05-09-2005, 02:07 PM
There is no way you can fold this hand. That turn raise does give you a real sinking feeling, but your hand is to strong and the pot is to large.

Call it down and get a bucket.

-G

OldYoda
05-09-2005, 02:41 PM
I fold in this instance. With your turn bet he has to put you on a mid pair or A,x. In that case his raise tells me he has paired his ace and I am beat. A call here commits you to check,calling the river and costs you 2 bets.

DMBFan23
05-09-2005, 03:04 PM
that ace is a great bluffing card, I'd call down as well with no read.

Roybert
05-09-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that ace is a great bluffing card, I'd call down as well with no read.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great point. With the MP1 folding, I would call, check/call here (but DEFINITELY fold if MP1 called).

12ozLongneck
05-09-2005, 03:35 PM
You've got to think that someone has an ace given the preflop action, but I'm still calling this down because of the size of the pot.

afk
05-09-2005, 03:38 PM
I would call it down. Sure it sucks to get raised on the turn but I'd still call it down.