PDA

View Full Version : Buddy list

aslowjoe
05-09-2005, 11:21 AM
I have never used a buddy list is this -EV on my part.You are playing against a whole table and the really bad players I can't see being around that long. Tell me that I am wrong.

TStoneMBD
05-09-2005, 11:34 AM
i agree. i think its better when you reach limits where there are lots of sharks and few megafish, like 15/30-30/60. right now, just about everyone is a fish in the 6max games.

joker122
05-09-2005, 11:48 AM
i think it is -ev to not use a buddy list. i have a pretty big list (65 players) and there's usually at least 1 buddy i'm able to sit with during each session.

Lost Wages
05-09-2005, 11:51 AM
If I notice a really bad player I'll put him on my buddy list. The next time I play, I'll search for my buddies and get on the waiting list for their tables. You have to pick your tables somehow. The other method I use is just to open a bunch of tables and wait until PlayerView shows the stats.

Lost Wages

7ontheline
05-09-2005, 12:27 PM
You would think that your "buddies" would inevitably bust out or have to move down, but I have been consistently amazed at how many awful, awful players will continue to play over and over. It's definitely worth it to note down their names, since it takes no effort whatsoever.

driller
05-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Its true that a lot of them aren't around very long. A lot of my buddies seem to have blocked the search function as well. Then they can always change their screen names.

That being said, it doesn't hurt to spend a few moments looking for a good fishing hole.