PDA

View Full Version : Bad Karma

dutchbrodymoss
05-09-2005, 10:15 AM
School's over, and everybody is moving out. I'm still left on campus, for a bunch of BS reasons.

Any how, this guy in my hall left a bunch of his stuff in the commons room, where some company is going to come and put all his junk into storage.

The dilemma is... he has this really comfortable chair. And I'm thinking about jacking it before the moving company is going to come and place it into storage.

So I want to just steal it, but I'm concerned with accumulating bad karma, and that the theft of this chair will come back and bite me someday.

But at the same time, the owner of this chair has so much going for him:

- He drives a BMW M3 (at the age of 20)
- He's in the #1 frat at my school (gets the most girls, richest alumni)
- He has the largest room in my dorm

So i figure. He won't mind if he loses a dinky office chair.

What do you guys say?

BreakfastBurrito
05-09-2005, 10:29 AM
-EV

dutchbrodymoss
05-09-2005, 10:30 AM
so stealing stuff from a rich kid is -EV?

care to elaborate?

Peca277
05-09-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so stealing stuff is -EV?

care to elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP... no need to elaborate [censored].

BreakfastBurrito
05-09-2005, 10:36 AM
well are you graduating? if not, do you plan to bring the chair back with you next fall? if so, the chances of someone figuring this out will go up. You never know when people will decide to make a big deal out of something. If you won't bring it back to school next fall, then you're really not gaining all that much by stealing it.

So anyway, if you're graduating, go ahead and steal it, and anything else you can get your grubby little hands on. If not, leave it alone.

dutchbrodymoss
05-09-2005, 10:37 AM
well i'll be around for summer school, but I'm done with school after that. I'm not friends with a lot of people in his frat, so I doubt anybody will find out over summer school.

AustinDoug
05-09-2005, 10:38 AM
You should not use the fact that he is rich in order to rationalize engaging in criminal activity.

ceyoung
05-09-2005, 10:39 AM
odds are you are going to be screwing over the movers too. if the chair is gone they are going to blame the movers, so you're screwing over more than just the rich kid.

2planka
05-09-2005, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
odds are you are going to be screwing over the movers too. if the chair is gone they are going to blame the movers, so you're screwing over more than just the rich kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Unintended consequences of your actions are still your responsibility.

banditbdl
05-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Don't steal somebody else's stuff, I don't care what he has going for him. People who steal personal items from their fellow man are scum.

dutchbrodymoss
05-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Well I'm glad to discover that so many posters here are righteous people.

banditbdl
05-09-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I'm glad to discover that so many posters here are righteous people.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about being righteous, it's about having a little respect for the guy whose chair you'd be stealing.

Peca277
05-09-2005, 11:58 AM
I just don't understand where you get off thinking this would ever be okay.

YourFoxyGrandma
05-09-2005, 12:02 PM
You aren't Robin Hood.

swede123
05-09-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You aren't Robin Hood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poor analogy. The Robin Hood comparison would work if he was planning to give the stolen chair to some poor cripple down the street who needs somewhere to sit.

Swede

jakethebake
05-09-2005, 12:09 PM
Wow. What a dirt bag.

sexypanda
05-09-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. What a dirt bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously.

You don't have the balls to pick up some girl, but think it's ok to steal [censored] from some guy who "drives a BMW M3 (at the age of 20)", is "in the #1 frat at my school (gets the most girls, richest alumni)", and "has the largest room in my dorm".

Stop being a giant pussy, get a [censored] job, and grow a sack.

Seriously.

HopeydaFish
05-09-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow. What a dirt bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

My second year of University I accidently left my knapsack unattended on a chair in the campus bar for about 5 minutes. When I came back to get it, it was gone. Somebody had probably watched me get up and leave it, and then grabbed it and headed for the door.

The scumbag whole stole it was stealing my bag in the hope that there was something of value in it. I'd just bought $300 worth of text books at the bookstore, plus had just bought a new pair of eyeglasses. I had to wait a few months before I had the cash to replace the eyeglasses (I'd bought the original pair using my dad's health insurance -- but could only buy a new pair every two years under the plan). In the meantime I had to wear my old pair, which were *way* too weak to do me much good. I could barely read the blackboard in most of my classes.

I'm sure the thief just tossed my bag, glasses, and textbooks into the nearest dumpster when he didn't find any cash, CD's, or what have you.

Thieves are scum.

muckdumper
05-09-2005, 12:44 PM
teach him a cheap lesson u commented he gots you trapped

jba
05-09-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I'm glad to discover that so many posters here aren't thieving scum like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

daryn
05-09-2005, 02:00 PM
karma is the dumbest thing i've ever heard of.

if you want to steal it, steal it. i wouldn't, and i think it's a POS move, but if you want to, knock yourself out.