PDA

View Full Version : Blind defence against a super lag

mackthefork
05-09-2005, 08:38 AM
I'm not rolled up for 2/4 but I decided to give it a shot on a limited bankroll, I'll use 200 and if i lose I'll regroup again lower down, then try again.

This guy was amazing 89/31 he was pretty aggro but his constant calling after reraises kept his figures pretty normal 1.5 post flop aggression.

Villian is UTG+1 and raises to $4 all fold I call in BB for $2 with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Pot 2.25 bb

flop comes Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet $2, villain raises, i 3 bet, villian calls

Pot 5.25 bb

Turn comes 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet $4, villian calls

Pot 7.25 bb

River comes 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I decide I can beat a bluff only, so I check and call.

Pot 9.25 bb

I would fold this rubbish in a heart beat normally but against him HU I felt I could profitably see a flop here. One thing I have noticed change when playing 2/4 is my postflop aggression is down at around 2.2 as opposed to 3.2 at lower limits, I think this is going to make it harder to win than need be. Comments appreciated.

Regards Mack

deepsquat
05-09-2005, 08:57 AM
I dont play 2/4 but i wouldnt call from the BB with that crap even agains this guy, am i too tight?

I would prob C/R the flop, call a 3bet and call down UI.

Id bet the river with my 2 pair, dont give this guy a chance to call behind with AK or whatever rubbish he may have. Sound ok?

@bsolute_luck
05-09-2005, 08:57 AM
i would have folded Preflop, but the rest seems fine to me. what else would you like to do?

Entity
05-09-2005, 08:59 AM
You really need to re-evaluate how aggression works if you think 1.5 is normal for someone playing 90% of their hands.

So, I'll cover what I can:

Preflop I'd fold. Q6o is slightly sub-marginal and unless your plan is to check-call him down with Q-high, he's going to generally leave you in an uncomfortable place where you have to pair up to feel even semi-comfortable.

Flop and turn are fine. Sometimes I call his flop raise intent on checkraising the turn.

I think there are a lot of hands he'll call with on the river, but given his aggression, a river check isn't terrible.

Rob

Entity
05-09-2005, 08:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
seems fine to me. what else would you like to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding preflop would be an ok start.

Rob

@bsolute_luck
05-09-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seems fine to me. what else would you like to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding preflop would be an ok start.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i edited my post. i missed the bet from UTG. i thought he just limped /images/graemlins/blush.gif