PDA

View Full Version : Donk Bet Times 3

whitelime
05-09-2005, 05:24 AM
CO and SB are both horrible. Very loose and passive. SB is the better of the two but nowhere near good. Did I play this OK?

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP folds, CO calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, CO calls.

River: (13.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Ts Kh (one pair, kings).
CO has Th Qd (straight, king high).
Hero has As Kd (one pair, kings).
Outcome: CO wins 16.50 BB. </font>

kiddo
05-09-2005, 05:30 AM
You raise preflop and you raise flop and still a passive guy bets into you on turn. Dont think you are ahead. Would call it down.

Looked at the results. How can he be passive and bet inside straight twice when all u done is show him you got the goods?

whitelime
05-09-2005, 05:33 AM
He's just a terrible player. His post flop aggression is 0.5 and yet these are the kinds of bets he makes.

Matty
05-09-2005, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's just a terrible player. His post flop aggression is 0.5 and yet these are the kinds of bets he makes.

[/ QUOTE ]I just played some HU tournaments against a guy like this. If he was betting, I knew he was on a draw. If he was calling, it meant he had second pair or better.

Sometimes I think I'd pay a good amount of money to be able to peek through my computer screen for just a second to see who it is that thinks like this.

Noodles
05-09-2005, 06:33 AM
i would probably have just called the turn,i hate these stop n gos and can never understadn the logic behind them,
if you have a hand you think is best why not CR the turn? i suppose some are afraid you will check it,i dunno,
other times they have way less than you and i just cant understadn why they bet into the pfr on the turn

kiddo
05-09-2005, 06:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i hate these stop n gos and can never understadn the logic behind them, if you have a hand you think is best why not CR the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Theroetically u can do it if u bet flop with 2nd pair and are raised and there is a flushdraw on table. You dont know if he got toppair or draw. You call and when turn isnt the draw you bet again, because now u are a theoretical favourite and you dont want to give him a free card (if he is on the draw).

I think there is an example of this in HEFAP but I am to lazy to look for it now.

JohnnyHumongous
05-09-2005, 06:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would probably have just called the turn,i hate these stop n gos and can never understadn the logic behind them,
if you have a hand you think is best why not CR the turn? i suppose some are afraid you will check it,i dunno,
other times they have way less than you and i just cant understadn why they bet into the pfr on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I don't know where their heads are at.