PDA

View Full Version : Player Note Trade

Messy_Jesse
05-09-2005, 03:01 AM
Was wondering if anyone who plays the 33s or 55s would like to set up some kind of note trading scheme. I honestly dont have that many, but would really be interested in working something out if anyone would like to. I know that it might seem -$EV, but it could be useful for both.

Jess

Newt_Buggs
05-09-2005, 04:11 AM
Do you mean just trading the typed in notes on each player? I might be interested, I don't see how it would be a huge benefit but i suppose it wouldn't hurt. I'm an avid notetaker and try to note every play that happens, so i guess it would help

btw, i play the 30s and i believe i've seen you at the tables

Maulik
05-09-2005, 04:29 AM
I too play the 30s and take notes when possible.

SNOWBALL138
05-09-2005, 04:50 AM
I think this is unethical

Newt_Buggs
05-09-2005, 05:03 AM
care to elaborate on how this would be any different from using poker prophecy or data mining with poker tracker?

Messy_Jesse
05-09-2005, 05:08 AM
Unethical? Pshhh. Sharing information? In that case, this entire forum is unethical. Everyone, stop the presses! No more sharing hand histories! Jk. But seriously, my notes are MY property- why shouldnt I be able to exchange something that I've worked for for something that I value in return?

Messy_Jesse
05-09-2005, 05:10 AM
Id rather not just let some people give me notes and then let everyone else get a free ride. How about if you would like to do this, PM me your notes files by copying and pasting it into a message, and then I will compile them and send them out to everyone that sends me notes. If anyone has a problem with this let me know.

Jess

Newt_Buggs
05-09-2005, 01:50 PM
one problem might be that I write all of my notes short hand so someone who can't figure out my obscure logic might have trouble figuring out what they mean. anyone else do this?

gumpzilla
05-09-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
care to elaborate on how this would be any different from using poker prophecy or data mining with poker tracker?

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't the strongest argument against the stance that note swapping is unethical, as many players who feel that also feel that using PT to datamine tables you aren't watching is unethical. I also think PT is worse; I can certainly imagine talking with a friend about players that both of us have encountered in tournaments and discussing the villain's style, and this seems very reasonable.