PDA

View Full Version : Extremely thin value bet?

protocol
05-09-2005, 02:52 AM
Button has been playing pretty well thus far. BB is a borderline maniac, his turn bet could be anything.
This turn raise is pretty standard right? After getting two coldcallers, is a river bet -EV?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (6.20 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB folds.

River: (13.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 16.20 BB

balkii
05-09-2005, 02:54 AM
no way. easy easy river bet. you thought you were ahead on the turn, and the 6 didnt change anything. i cant imagine checking that river.

Joe826
05-09-2005, 02:55 AM
Nice avatar, IOS is my favorite album of all-time.

The river bet is extremely standard. nh.

NLSoldier
05-09-2005, 02:58 AM
Easy bet. WTF did button have? You said he plays pretty well but I cant find a hand that he would play that way. Either his flop check was horrible or his river call was horrible.

Joe826
05-09-2005, 02:58 AM
TT?

protocol
05-09-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice avatar, IOS is my favorite album of all-time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks. Mine too.

[ QUOTE ]

The river bet is extremely standard. nh.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK. Just needed some reassurance that I wasn't spewing chips here. Thought button's flop check might mean a huge hand.

protocol
05-09-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy bet. WTF did button have? You said he plays pretty well but I cant find a hand that he would play that way. Either his flop check was horrible or his river call was horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I was confused by this too. As it turned out, button had TT for the turned set, and CO had had JJ(!?)

Joe826
05-09-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Yes I was confused by this too. As it turned out, button had TT for the turned set, and CO had had JJ(!?)

[/ QUOTE ]

what do i win? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Surfbullet
05-09-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
button had TT for the turned set, and CO had had JJ(!?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you made notes on these guys as "loose passive" with a big exclamation point next to passive.

Surf

protocol
05-09-2005, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
button had TT for the turned set, and CO had had JJ(!?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you made notes on these guys as "loose passive" with a big exclamation point next to passive.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...obviously the JJ was played horribly, but I thought the guy with TT was OK. My database has him at 21/14 after 73 hands.

Say I had TT on the button here, how should I play this hand? I think he missed a raise on the river, but I'd play the rest the same. What does betting the flop accomplish? A better hand isn't going to fold.
Is a turn 3-bet better than raising a safe river?