PDA

View Full Version : Raising in LP with weak offsuit broadways w/ many limpers?

moot
05-09-2005, 02:02 AM
I'm pretty confortable with SSH but I have a question:

So I'm on the button with KJoff or AToff or something. There are 5 or 6 limpers. Do I still wanna raise here? I mean, my hand probably has a bit more than its share of equity with the trash that typical micro players play. But there's also the concept of giving up that tiny edge to add to postflop expectation...

Obviously I'd raise here in a second if I was suited.

Is it okay to limp here though with the offsuit versions? Or no...

EDIT == And I specifically mean with many limpers. If there were only a couple this is an easy raise.

milesdyson
05-09-2005, 02:09 AM
Yeah limping is good. I raise AJo and KQo (and T9s for that matter), but limp KJo, QJo, KTo, QTo, and JTo on the button with 5/6 limpers.

istewart
05-09-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and T9s

[/ QUOTE ]

Brag more please /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

milesdyson
05-09-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and T9s

[/ QUOTE ]

Brag more please /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
To be honest I enjoy raising T9s more than AJo, simply because someone always tries to berate a preflop raise with that.

Nfinity
05-09-2005, 03:11 AM
I'm answering without checking other ppl's posts so forgive me if I steer you wrong when the consensus is not as "by the book" as my opinion.

Somewhere in the Pre-Flop section Ed talks about having a lot of limpers with hands like AJo and KQo. He says limping is the best option because your edge is small and you can make up for that loss with superior preflop play.

That being said, if I have good reads on the limpers, I will sometimes put the raise in with those 2 hands, but ATo is where I draw the line.