PDA

View Full Version : AQ in the SB

xorbie
05-09-2005, 01:55 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($109.3)
BB ($21.75)
UTG ($49.25)
UTG+1 ($53.85)
MP1 ($44.4)
MP2 ($89.5)
CO ($48.25)
Button ($23.5)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls $0.50, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $9</font>, Hero ....

Also is PF call ok? Should I be raising here with so few people, or does that just give away too much with a hand that is going to miss most flops.

The LP limp is what confuses me here.. he would open/raise with QJ/QK/AQ I would think, so I'm either looking at 77/88 or a slowplay KK/AA, right? Two pair maybe?

ghostface
05-09-2005, 02:00 AM
turbo muck

-Skeme-
05-09-2005, 02:03 AM
I raise preflop. Who cares about giving your hand away? You have AQo, nothing you should want to slowplay or conceal. Just raise and try and pick up what little cash there is in the pot. Also, about missing, he's showing weakness more often than not by limping in LP on the button. He's going to be missing too, and since you raised preflop, he'll fold to your continuation bet unless he's either a big calling station or he hit the flop. And if he calls your continuation bet then you're pretty much done with the hand.

And postflop is an easy fold for me. You showed strength by potting it, BB who saw a free flop is showing more strength by raising you, and the limper is showing even more strength by raising him. They aren't doing this with KQo. I'm folding here.

And whether or not LP is slowplaying, I'm not sure. Raising preflop could've helped.

FreakDaddy
05-09-2005, 03:34 AM
Given the action you just let it go.

By the way, have you figured out where the zoo is yet?

PoBoy321
05-09-2005, 04:26 AM
I think that a PFR is borderline here. You almost certainly have the best hand, but at the same time, you're raising from the worst position and that has to factor into your decision. I usually limp AQo in the SB in more multiway pots, but 3-handed, I think that you can make the raise to keep BB from seeing a free flop.

After the flop, there's no way that I'm putting another cent into the pot after the button 3-bets.

TheWorstPlayer
05-09-2005, 05:21 AM
Raise preflop, fold now on the flop.

xorbie
05-09-2005, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Given the action you just let it go.

By the way, have you figured out where the zoo is yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, no.