PDA

View Full Version : 4 handed K7s

bicyclekick
05-08-2005, 11:57 PM
4 handed 300/600. The fish just left and this is my last 'free' hand.

I raise utg with K7s, button folds, sb who is okish 3 bets, bb who is also okish (but better than the sb) calls, I call. The sb is like a 1.5 aggression and the bb is more aggressive at like 2.2 or something. So the sb is on the weaker side of players, while the bb is on the tougher, more aggressive side.

Flop K53r, sb bets, bb raises. I call. sb calls.

Turn 8 sb checks, bb bets, hero?

The flop also fealt uncomfortable. raising, calling and folding all seemed reasonable. Thoughts?

Schneids
05-09-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A hand to talk about.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao do you think you're The Mason?

Honestly I think you'll be able to make better decisions 3 betting the flop. When the BB cold called I was pretty sure he was auto raising any SB bet as it felt like a definite float job and most likely with a pocket pair. However, I think you need to quickly try to get a grip on the two hands you're against and hopefully find that the SB bows out.

bicyclekick
05-09-2005, 12:11 AM
I couldn't think of a better name for over a minute so just went with that.

gonores
05-09-2005, 12:55 AM
Schneider has this one right. 3bet the flop.

NLSoldier
05-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Has this thread now had 3 different names?

Also I agree with 3betting the flop.

ggbman
05-09-2005, 12:59 AM
I think this hand is easier to play if you 3 bet the flop. Given that you didn't i would raise the turn and fold to a 3 bet. I think BB has a lot of hands your ahead of, so lets shut out the sb.

ClaytonN
05-09-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was given the impression you weren't comfortable enough to play 3/6, and now all of a sudden you're playing shorthanded 3/6?

bicyclekick
05-09-2005, 01:33 AM
I've played 1200 hands of 3/6 and while it's out of my comfort zone to an extent, I'm also not stupid. When there is a player who has $20k in front of him and plays like [censored], along with a 2 good players, and 2 okish players...I'm in. My bankroll can handle the hit if I lose. While I may by unhappy, the chances of winning are much greater than the chances of losing.

Do I play different? not really? maybe a TOUCH more conservative just in case some of the plays I think are slightly +ev arent, and I'd rather not have the swings involved.

theBruiser500
05-09-2005, 02:58 AM
one reason to call the flop instead of 3 betting is for deception, to disguise your hand and get more action on it later because you underrespented it. in this case i odn't think that reason makes sense, cold calling 2 there is just about as bad as 3 betting. i vote 3 bet

lil feller
05-09-2005, 03:20 AM
I, unlike the rest of the field, like the flop cold call. I'd play it the same way. Raise the turn to define SB's hand (he's the one I'd really be worried about here). Call if 3 bet and fold/check the river unimproved.

nh

lf

Paluka
05-09-2005, 07:51 AM
I would go to war on the flop here, mostly because if I'm losing this hand I'd rather get checkraised on the turn than 3 bet.

barry.egan
05-09-2005, 10:58 AM
I agree with everyone's 3-bet recommendation. It seems like if you don't do this your forced to stay in call down mode (if you continue) which either gets you in trouble with sb, or forces you to either miss at least half a bet when you're ahead or lose the maximum when you're behind to K9/10s or better. Given how it's played here and that BB bet into the CCer on the turn, I would have to give up.

(I hope a response from me isn't a joke as I've posted one had ever, but I'm interested to get FB on my analysis as well as my own hands. Thanks.)

AviD
05-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Why is everyone for 3-betting the flop vs cold calling and raising the turn? Seems like a relatively easy fold if you get 3-bet on the turn. Furthermore, if you 3-bet the flop and SB calls as does BB and it gets checked to you on any turn, this gives an OKish SB a chance to CR BB out of the pot with a hand he/she wants to show down and put you in a very difficult spot having to call that CR and another river bet to show down.

I'd think cold calling flop and raising the turn is seemingly a better line...but it is unclear where you stand. Do you think SB will fold a K here to a 3-bet more often than to a turn raise? Do you think BB would RAISE a K on this rainbow and ragged board, as overcards are really not a concern.

I'd imagine you are often times well ahead of BB and unclear where you stand with SB. If SB has a K, chances are its better than yours and your best chance of getting him to lay it down is raising the bigger street and forcing him to call 2BB cold (which he isn't doing with any mid or possibly strong K) or 3-bet (which he isn't doing without a hand that you beat).

I'm against the majority on this and would say to raise the turn, if SB folds out...value bet the river when checked to otherwise take the free showdown unimproved.

AceHigh
05-09-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The flop also fealt uncomfortable. raising, calling and folding all seemed reasonable. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you didn't raise the flop and I would raise the turn and try to knock out the SB. Then take the free showdown if I can get it against the BB.

bicyclekick
05-09-2005, 04:47 PM
I elected to call on the turn.

The river paired the 5. It was checked to me, so I bet.

Your Mom
05-09-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I elected to call on the turn.

The river paired the 5. It was checked to me, so I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

And your hand was good.