PDA

View Full Version : unusual foxwoods 2/4 NL hand

zombies kill
05-08-2005, 11:22 PM
Foxwoods 2/4 NL, unusually fishy table

"overly-obnoxious-young-wannabe-pro" type straddles. another young, fairly solid, but very predictable young player in EP raises to $35 (overbet is unusual for him). folded to the straddler, who thinks for 15 seconds or so and calls.

flop comes out 6 10 K ... all clubs. straddler bets out $50. overbetter "thinks" for a few seconds, and pushes all in for about $250. pot is now about $380, and the straddler is facing a $200 raise.

straddler thinks for literally 3 or 4 minutes, folds, and quietly tells his buddy next to him that he had pocket 6s. im pretty sure he was being truthful.

comments?

CaptObvious
05-08-2005, 11:40 PM
I think it's possible. He may have been a jack-ass, but, he may also be capable of laying down a hand as well. Especially with a board like that. Who knows? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bremen
05-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Well, assuming the overbettor will only bet out like this with AA and KK there are 3 combinations of KK and 6 of AA. Now I'm going to further assume he only makes that push with either KK or the Ac in his hand. So he'll be about a 2:1 dog to win the pot. Given he's getting almost exactly 2:1 any chance the overbettor might push the other AA hands dictates a call.

regisd
05-09-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, assuming the overbettor will only bet out like this with AA and KK ...

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's been overbetting the pot pre-flop frequently, though, I don't think this is a safe assumption. I'd put him on a wider range of hands, here.

schwza
05-09-2005, 02:17 PM
the straddle puts 8+4+2 = 14 in the pot, so a pot-sized bet would be to make it 30. oooh, massive overbet!

zombies kill
05-09-2005, 04:26 PM
either you dont understand the flow of betting in nl games, or youre an idiot

schwza
05-09-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
either you dont understand the flow of betting in nl games, or youre an idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

i play 99% online so i don't deal with straddles. dick.

Bremen
05-09-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he's been overbetting the pot pre-flop frequently, though, I don't think this is a safe assumption. I'd put him on a wider range of hands, here.

[/ QUOTE ]
OP said the overbet was unusual. I guess it all depends on how unusual it is :0) I don't think I'd call the all-in with buttom set either.