PDA

View Full Version : 80/160 Ultimate Bet

TheBusiness
05-08-2005, 08:44 PM
80/160 on UB. 6-handed. Hero is SB with 8c8h. Villain's style is LAG, but he is a good player for that style.

Preflop: UTG+1 open raises, folded to me in the SB, I just call. (Maybe I should 3-bet here to isolate?). BB folds.
Flop: K84 two spades. I check, he bets, I call.
Turn: Q spades. I check, he bets, I checkraise, he 3-bets, I call planning to bet any non-spade river and call a raise (or obviously reraise if the river pairs the board).

Comments?

psyduck
05-08-2005, 09:30 PM
a check/call on the flop and a check/raise on the turn shows too much strength. also loses some missed value.

what do you think about this line:
bet/call flop. bet/3bet turn?

also, I would cap the turn against this villain, and lead any river.

rigoletto
05-08-2005, 09:32 PM
I think you should go to war on the flop with this guy. He will still go multiple bets on the turn with top pair and/or a good draw.

The river is problematic. If this is the guy i suspect, then he will only give you action when you are beat. I only like the bet because he is capable of chekking behind with a calling hand, but I think it is close because you have to call the raise.

TheBusiness
05-08-2005, 09:48 PM
PM me if you want to confirm your suspicions about who it is. The reason I worry about going to war on the flop is that my table image at the table is pretty tight. He would put me on at least AK if not a set if went to war on the flop, and I fear that would kill my action on the turn and river. Maybe I should have bet the flop and just called a raise? And then bet the turn?

rigoletto
05-08-2005, 10:02 PM
If he has nothing he will fold to your turn c/r and you gain 1.5BB at the most and he might check behind on the turn. You want to maximize for the times he has a piece.

The more I think about it, the more I like check calling the river. He will often bet with a worse hand, but he will raise with a better one everytime and not likely with a worse one.

P.S. your table image is tight/tricky!

Rushmore
05-08-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm, uh, I, uh, ummmm, well, uh........ok then.

TheBusiness
05-08-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm, uh, I, uh, ummmm, well, uh........ok then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spit it out, killer. I am curious as to what my table image "really" is.

Rushmore
05-08-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Spit it out, killer. I am curious as to what my table image "really" is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just messin with you, darling.

I respect your play, I just wouldn't call it "tight."

It's pretty funny the wide variety of successful styles at the UB 50 and 80 games. I mean, I play tighter than anyone at the table (with a fair amount of gear shifting), and I do fine. Another unnamed player is definitely smoking crack, and he seems to do fine, too. You seem to do fine with your style too.

I guess the only players not doing fine are the
ABC-but-I-learned-laggy-recently guys, who seem to come and go through these games. Their hearts just ain't in it.

Hope your legal briefs went OK.