PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Carlos (why it pays to read 2+2)

beta1607
05-08-2005, 06:16 PM
7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___folds
Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___folds
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___raises___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes___raises___calls

4th Street

Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls

5th Street

Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls

6th Street

Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls

River

Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___checks___folds
Hero: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 7: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___checks___calls

BeerMoney
05-08-2005, 06:18 PM
It wouldn't have killed you to slow down on 3rd and go for a raise on a later street.

beta1607
05-08-2005, 06:23 PM
I was hoping the K or J would raise if they caught a 2nd pair so I could put in a 3rd bet. It also would have felt wierd to cap 3rd lead 4th and check raise 5th.

Bill Murphy
05-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Well, if you "slow down" on 3rd it doesn't get capped /images/graemlins/wink.gif, but looking closely at how this hand played out(multi-way, dead 9, pretty big pot on 3rd already, poor position) I think getting cute just costs you money and gives a free card.

You were best all the way but vulnerable. Played perfectly, IMO. nh

Roland
05-08-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, if you "slow down" on 3rd it doesn't get capped

[/ QUOTE ]

But you give seat 6 a chance to make trip 5s, fill, and beat you /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Seriously though, I’d raise right away on 3rd. (But maybe that’s just because I’ve lost so many rolled up hands lately…)

CarlosChadha
05-09-2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the flattering title. Limp reraising here actually kind of gives your hand away...I'd probably come out raising from the beinging...it is actually more deceptive an people are not going to give you respect because of your dead doorcard. The limp reraise is fine if the table is pretty tight, but from the look of the action is doesn't seem like that is the case. After that you played it just fine. Capping on 3rd in a multiway pot with a huge edge is 100% correct. Build a huge pot now and get people attached to their hands!

Regards,
Carlos