PDA

View Full Version : Good line or unecessary?

MAxx
05-08-2005, 06:08 PM
first hand at the table, no reads...

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

River: (18 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB

brassnuts
05-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Perfect.

Michael Davis
05-08-2005, 06:39 PM
I usually just go to war on the flop because people undoubtedly have pieces of this and that means they don't fold. I remember how everytime I have AK in this situation I never successfully protect my hand.

-Michael

7ontheline
05-08-2005, 06:44 PM
Looks fine to me. As for going to war on the flop, I think it would depend on if you thought you could get more money that way or if the guy would slow down. I think against an unknown your line is great - it's very possible to push the button out too early with this kind of board, I would imagine.

Jeff W
05-08-2005, 06:49 PM
I 3-bet the flop because I like to give my opponents the opportunity to make large mistakes. One or both of UTG and MP will call two cold. Button will cap if he has a strong hand. There is no gaurantee Button will raise your turn stop&amp;go if he has a hand like AQ or KJ.

Usually players in 10/20 err on the side of looseness post flop, so I wouldn't worry about roping them in with deceptive slowplays.

marsvolta619
05-08-2005, 06:53 PM
I really like the fact that you bet the turn and were able to 3-bet it. nh

PassiveCaller
05-08-2005, 07:10 PM
The flow here with the stop-n-go seems strange especially with no reads. I think I'd usually just go to war on the flop here as I don't expect many people with pieces of this flop to fold practically ever.

Michael Davis
05-08-2005, 07:14 PM
Add to that there are six cards that can slide off that make getting a raise in on the turn and getting calls from weak hands somewhat less likely.

-Michael

PassiveCaller
05-08-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Add to that there are six cards that can slide off that make getting a raise in on the turn and getting calls from weak hands somewhat less likely.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point...

MAxx
05-08-2005, 08:39 PM
soon after the hand, i started to think that with no reads on pfr... i really had no reason to think he'd be agrressive enough to pop me again on the turn.

good points about things that could fall on turn.

UTG had 89o for 2 pair.

Button had KQo for flopped top 2.

The pot likley would have been pretty big had I just gone to war on the flop as well.