PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Girls (The Movie)

IndieMatty
05-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Should probably be required viewing for any man and hell most women.

Just one of the most underappreciated movies of all time that hits so many truths about relationships and life that it always gets me.

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif this [censored] movie.

ML,
Matt

judgesmails
05-08-2005, 05:19 PM
I stumbled across this move late one night on HBO. I had never heard about it and after seeing I wondered how. If I remember correctly, it was released in 1996 or 1997.

I really enjoyed it. It is well-written and acted and I have seen it a second time and appreciated it even more.

BeerMoney
05-08-2005, 05:20 PM
I love this movie too. I don't think i've ever seen the beginning of it though. Great movie set in MA.

KDawgCometh
05-08-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Great movie set in MA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought it was in upstate NY near the mass border. Eitherway this film rocks. There is nothing to hate about it and everything to like about it. Great cast, check. great performances, check. great writing, check. One of my favorite films eaisly. I also find that those who know about it are also know a good amount about film

BeerMoney
05-08-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Great movie set in MA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought it was in upstate NY near the mass border. Eitherway this film rocks. There is nothing to hate about it and everything to like about it. Great cast, check. great performances, check. great writing, check. One of my favorite films eaisly. I also find that those who know about it are also know a good amount about film

[/ QUOTE ]

I was always a little afraid to mention it here cause i thought it may be a chick flick due to the title.

I totally wanted to do Portman, Sorvino and Lauren Holly.

I think there's a mention to them being in Worcester, MA.

Yeti
05-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Fantastic film and a great soundtrack. Portman is mesmerising.

That fat obnoxious chick spoils it somewhat, though.

KaneKungFu123
05-08-2005, 05:56 PM
portman is amazing.

the scene where micheal R. talks about a beautiful girl is great.

the rest is..... [ QUOTE ]
Should probably be required viewing for any man and hell most women.

Just one of the most underappreciated movies of all time that hits so many truths about relationships and life that it always gets me.

I /images/graemlins/heart.gif this [censored] movie.

ML,
Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

KDawgCometh
05-08-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
portman is amazing.

the scene where micheal R. talks about a beautiful girl is great.

[/ QUOTE ]

natalie portman was the coolest 13 year old I had ever seen. Rappaport provides great line after great line.

If she can cut her own food(thumps his chest twice), she's fair game

AdamK
05-08-2005, 07:45 PM
Yeah, its a good movie.
Natalie Portman is fabulous & i dont think she's lived up to
the potential shown in her first few movies.
I looked up her age after watching this film & she made me feel like a paedo...
Nowadays, im just unimpressed with her.

( Not seen Closer yet - but i have seen the play in London & played poker with the author - he's useless)

DeezNuts
05-08-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, its a good movie.
Natalie Portman is fabulous & i dont think she's lived up to
the potential shown in her first few movies.
I looked up her age after watching this film & she made me feel like a paedo...
Nowadays, im just unimpressed with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. This is the last movie in which she was any good. She sucked in Closer, mediocre in Garden State, and her acting in Star Wars makes me want to claw my eyes out.

DN

siccjay
05-08-2005, 10:52 PM
I really like this movie too. I watched it because I worked at a video store and got all new releases for free and I couldn't believe how good it was. I think I'll watch it tonight.