PDA

View Full Version : The psychology of online freeroll....

FiReSiStAnT
05-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Me personally, I only put money on live games. However, I play online probably more then I play live like most amateurs probably do. I'm constantly trying to improve my game by practicing and playing alot online. Recently, however, Ive starting questiong whether online freeroll games are very good tables to be honeing poker skills on.
Is it bad to practice using freeroll?
How many of you play freeroll games in your spare time? If you do, do u play as tight as u would in a live home game or much looser?

I feel like tight and agressive is not the way to go on freeroll but that is often how I play in my home/live games.

mcozzy1
05-10-2005, 03:35 AM
It's not a good way to practice if your goal is to compete in higher level tournaments. I've played a handful of freerolls. It takes a different strategy to succeed there.

All you have to do is play the nuts for the first hour. Someone will double you up. Don't try to bluff anyone out of any pot until the blinds are relatively high. Some of these guys call pot sized bets with Jack high.

blaze666
05-12-2005, 03:38 AM
for the first hour or so, i just go all in with ATs or better it doubles me up about 4 times.people don't really care do they? it's not real money they are gambling with. i would never do this in a realy tournment though, because if i get a caller, s/he is garunteed to have something better. you probabaly already knew that though.

ismisus
05-12-2005, 08:11 AM
I disagree. I think the most important poker quality is to be able to adjust. There will be times where you have to wait for the nuts at WSOP, and there will be times where you can push people around in a freeroll.