PDA

View Full Version : Playing on 21 or older sites as a 19 year old?

moot
05-08-2005, 02:26 PM
There are some tasty sign-up bonuses I'd like to clear on sites like Full Tilt and UB, but I'm wondering about the risk...

I mean technically, according to our state laws, a lot of us shouldn't be gambling online at all, regardless of our age...

FishHooks
05-08-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm in the same boat, wonder what other people have to say about this.

GoblinMason (Craig)
05-08-2005, 02:38 PM
The risk is with the site asking for IDs, and then you not being able to provide them to cashout.

I did it once and got away with it a while ago, but looking back it probably wasn't worth the risk.

There are plenty of bonuses to be had if you are under 21.

-Craig

Chiron
05-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Your state laws don't matter, just the laws of wherever the site is located. If the law there says 21, it's probably not worth it.

TBag
05-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Quit being so greedy moot.

Btw, what limits are you playing nowadays?

Richter
05-08-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The risk is with the site asking for IDs, and then you not being able to provide them to cashout.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

OrianasDaad
05-08-2005, 04:29 PM
The full tilt bonus isn't nearly as juicy as it looks.

On the other hand, you'll be 21 when you do finally clear it.

KingDan
05-08-2005, 04:41 PM
I wouldn't do UB. They are strict with their cashouts rules... they were asking questions about different names on neteller account and my signup info. I ended up cashing out via check after some hassle.

csuf_gambler
05-08-2005, 04:48 PM
terrible terrible advice in this thread. don't listen to these guys.

it's prefectly fine playing underage at the major sites like UB and paradise. their deposites and cashouts are hassle free, no questions asked.

and you answered your own question. gambling is technically illegal in the US anyways so why worry about breaking a law when you have already broken another law.

FishHooks
05-08-2005, 05:21 PM
This guy is giving bad advise, the poker rooms are offshore and, playing at these poker sites is not breaking any US law.

Chiron
05-08-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This guy is giving bad advise, the poker rooms are offshore and, playing at these poker sites is not breaking any US law.

[/ QUOTE ]Absolutely. My lawyer agrees.

Jordan
05-08-2005, 09:17 PM
for what it's worth, i've played at both UB and FullTilt as a 19 year old with no problems whatsoever

smartalecc5
05-08-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There are some tasty sign-up bonuses I'd like to clear on sites like Full Tilt and UB, but I'm wondering about the risk...

I mean technically, according to our state laws, a lot of us shouldn't be gambling online at all, regardless of our age...

[/ QUOTE ]

Moot, just play under one of your parents name. If you ever need a cashout, just have them forward the check to you. Its alot simpler and there is almost no way to tell that it isn't your mom or dad playing online....
Which made me think... what if a company called and spoke to one of your aprents and asked about your texas holdem account and they replied "what's that??"