PDA

View Full Version : Pacino Alot Better than Deniro

KaneKungFu123
05-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Just rewatched Heat.

During the scene in the dinner, Deniro got his ass handed to him. Pacino is by far the better actor. It wasnt even close.

Luv2DriveTT
05-08-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just rewatched Heat.

During the scene in the dinner, Deniro got his ass handed to him. Pacino is by far the better actor. It wasnt even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

That movie sucked. They both sucked in it. Lame attempt to make $$$..

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

bisonbison
05-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Meh.

Except for Merchant of Venice, they've both been phoning it in since.

Woolygimp
05-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Deniro is by far the superior actor. Have you seen Pacino in Gigli? He looks/sounded like he just got home from a gay pride parade...

Luv2DriveTT
05-08-2005, 02:28 PM
Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon = Denero in Raging Bull

its a tie.

KaneKungFu123
05-08-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Deniro is by far the superior actor. Have you seen Pacino in Gigli? He looks/sounded like he just got home from a gay pride parade...

[/ QUOTE ]

was that the science fiction movie where he creates the girl on his computer?

i thought he was pretty good in that movie.

AZK
05-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Maybe in that one scene, but I still like Deniro better. So weird that this thread came up, I just watched that 2 nights ago. As for the poster who said it was an awful movie, are you high?

Best line in that movie, deniro is talking vansans on the phone and he is like don't worry about the money, don't worry about it, and vansans is like what? that's a lot of money...

[Over the phone]
Van Zant: What are you doing?
Neil McCauley: What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone.
Van Zant: I don't understand.
Neil McCauley: 'Cause there is a dead man on the other end of this [censored]' line

Awesome.

KaneKungFu123
05-08-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just rewatched Heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you are an idiot.

AZK
05-08-2005, 02:32 PM
No, that's simone, that was interesting...

Luv2DriveTT
05-08-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just rewatched Heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The director was an idiot. Their managers were idiots for allowing them to make that crap movie.

For the record I saw it twice in the theaters (2nd time under deres because my friend didn't believe me when I told him the acting was bad, he agreed with me after), and I own the DVD (a gift).

Luv2DriveTT
05-08-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, that's simone, that was interesting...

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it really? The trailers looked bad, and it got not so great reviews. I haven't seen it yet.

tbach24
05-08-2005, 02:37 PM
A lot. Not alot. And I haven't really seen enough of Pacino to have a good opinion (still haven't seen Godfather).

istewart
05-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Heat is an entertaining movie, I suppose.

Watching it for good acting is dumb, however.

DrPublo
05-08-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just rewatched Heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Deniro gets his ass handed to him when Pacino shoots the [censored] out of him at the end out on the airfield. Horrible movie ending, btw, because no cop would ever follow the suspect BY HIMSELF onto an airfield when there easily two dozen cops at the motel that could just as easily join the pursuit. Other than that the movie is good.

The Doc

Luv2DriveTT
05-08-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A lot. Not alot. And I haven't really seen enough of Pacino to have a good opinion (still haven't seen Godfather).

[/ QUOTE ]

You must see the Godfather. ASAP. Also see Serpico, and Scent of a Woman. He is one of the greatest of our time, but his choice of movies in the past 15 years os so hasn't been the best (Frankie & Johny comes to mind).

jesusarenque
05-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Deniro is better than Pacino. His comedic acting puts him over the top. Pacino just plays himself half the time. He's played his character from Scent of a Woman in about five different movies now.

andyfox
05-08-2005, 02:54 PM
For you Angelinos, the diner was Kate Mantilini, corner of Wilshire and Doheny. They've got a big picture of the two of them in the restaurant now. Pretty good food too.

andyfox
05-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Dog Day Afternoon and Dick Tracey feature two other great Pacino performances, in addition to the ones you mentioned.

istewart
05-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Midnight Run is a good DeNiro performance.

Luv2DriveTT
05-08-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dog Day Afternoon and Dick Tracey feature two other great Pacino performances, in addition to the ones you mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mentioned DDA already... IMHO its his all time best, with Serpico & the Godfather a very close second place.

If you haven't seen Dog Day Afternoon yet... its mandetory viewing. Its really that good.

KaneKungFu123
05-08-2005, 03:04 PM
paraphrased

"poopshoot.com is an internet site where net nerds trash movies they claim to hate but cant stop talking about."

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just rewatched Heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The director was an idiot. Their managers were idiots for allowing them to make that crap movie.

For the record I saw it twice in the theaters (2nd time under deres because my friend didn't believe me when I told him the acting was bad, he agreed with me after), and I own the DVD (a gift).

[/ QUOTE ]

Luv2DriveTT
05-08-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
paraphrased

"poopshoot.com is an internet site where net nerds trash movies they claim to hate but cant stop talking about."

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just rewatched Heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude I don't think you get it. I'm a huge fan of them both, but this wasn't a good vehicle for their art. It was a poor choice.

swede123
05-08-2005, 03:11 PM
At the end of the day it's like comparing who you's hotter of Jessica Alba and Catherine Bell. They are both out of this world hot and every guy in the world would love to shag them. Both DeNiro and Pacino are among the best actors of our times. I can think of a dozen movies by each actor that are classics in my book. Bottom line: they both rock.

Swede

Blarg
05-08-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just rewatched Heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You might have about the worst taste in the world.

Blarg
05-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Pacino has been a cartoon ever since Scarface. He could hand out the Pacino routine to Pacino franchises, like all the Gallaghers going around busting up watermelons all across the USA, and just sit back and collect the money. Even he was laughing at his hammy performance in the movie -- "Ferocious, aren't I?"

Pacino used to be way up there, but that was back in the DOg Day Afternoon, And Justice for All, Serpico, and Godfather days. But if you don't appreciate DeNiro's performance in the scene you're talking about or in the movie, you're just not very observant.

Further, I'd say that except for forgiveable flaws in the logic of the very ending few minutes of the movie, the slightly rushed romance between Deniro and Amy whats-her-face, and the awfulness of having to watch Pacino slobber over that dry hump of a woman in the opening scenes, Heat was an exceptionally well acted movie and an incredibly exciting one too. The shoot-outs are absolutely outstanding, easily among the best ever. The performances of all the members of DeNiro's gang were very good to excellent, and DeNiro's performance in the movie is so good it could serve as a stand-alone acting tutorial all by itself.

Watch the miraculous amount of depth and quick changes between polar opposite states of mind and emotion in what comes over his face as he's driving through the tunnel taking Amy to the airport -- right before and as he makes the decision to go to the hotel to kill the guy who sold his crew out -- and ruin his life and a whole lifetime's worth of the goals and dreams he could live out at the side of a woman he loved and who obviously loved him deeply back. Watch his heart and mind as he throws it all away, in just a few seconds, knowing better than anyone exactly how stupid that is and against everything he stands for and the way he's lived his whole life, without saying a word, and tell me you think he's less than a virtuoso actor, or that anyone could possibly do it better. Then you can tell me you have no idea what you're talking about.

KaneKungFu123
05-08-2005, 03:38 PM
are you stupid or something?

i said pacino owned deniro in that scene...

[ QUOTE ]
Pacino has been a cartoon ever since Scarface. He could hand out the Pacino routine to Pacino franchises, like all the Gallaghers going around busting up watermelons all across the USA, and just sit back and collect the money. Even he was laughing at his hammy performance in the movie -- "Ferocious, aren't I?"

Pacino used to be way up there, but that was back in the DOg Day Afternoon, And Justice for All, Serpico, and Godfather days. But if you don't appreciate DeNiro's performance in the scene you're talking about or in the movie, you're just not very observant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Duke
05-08-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just rewatched Heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You might have about the worst taste in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

~D

Blarg
05-08-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are you stupid or something?

i said pacino owned deniro in that scene...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're the stupid one. Obviously I disagreed with you. Why you're being idiotic about refusing to accept that is a matter between you and your kung fu grip.

Pacino is very far from "by far the better actor," especially to the extent that "it isn't close."

wonderwes
05-08-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Dude I don't think you get it. I'm a huge fan of them both, but this wasn't a good vehicle for their art. It was a poor choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Plus one additional person.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/graphics/photos/notorious_murders/celebrity/heidi_fleiss/9-3-Tom-Sizemore.jpg

The one, the only, Tom Sizemore

marsvolta619
05-08-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pacino is by far the better actor. It wasnt even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blasphemy

B Dids
05-08-2005, 05:38 PM
At their peaks, I think it's closer, but Pacino has been playing the guy from Scent of a Woman for 10 years now. Deniro has always been the better actor, but it's by a wider range now.

Pacino was nice in Heat, mostly because he had a better character. Heat is a cool movie for the heist/shootout stuff, but fails when it gets too fixed on interpersonal stuff (and the ending is DUMB).

jakethebake
05-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Pacino is a good actor, but he seriosuly overacts. Someone really should tell him that stage acting and movie acting aren't the same.

ethan
05-08-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Watch the miraculous amount of depth and quick changes between polar opposite states of mind and emotion in what comes over his face as he's driving through the tunnel taking Amy to the airport -- right before and as he makes the decision to go to the hotel to kill the guy who sold his crew out -- and ruin his life and a whole lifetime's worth of the goals and dreams he could live out at the side of a woman he loved and who obviously loved him deeply back. Watch his heart and mind as he throws it all away, in just a few seconds, knowing better than anyone exactly how stupid that is and against everything he stands for and the way he's lived his whole life, without saying a word, and tell me you think he's less than a virtuoso actor, or that anyone could possibly do it better. Then you can tell me you have no idea what you're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. That scene is awesome.

rusellmj
05-08-2005, 08:53 PM
They are both awsome on many levels. The movie Heat could suck start a B52. It's waaaay too long. So long and so bad I didn't bother to see the ending. I like Pacino's performance in Devils Advocate and DeNiro in Jackie Brown. Both from '97 though. They both are awsome as bad guys though. Hopefully those roles haven't dried up for them as they've aged.