PDA

View Full Version : Please Stop Using the Term "That's Gay"..

IndieMatty
05-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Please use "That's AIDs" instead.

Thanks,

Matthew Peter

swede123
05-08-2005, 12:52 PM
That's gay.

IndieMatty
05-08-2005, 12:54 PM
This is a perfect response.

YourFoxyGrandma
05-08-2005, 01:07 PM
I was hoping you were serious so I could argue with you.

istewart
05-08-2005, 01:08 PM
Same /images/graemlins/frown.gif

CardSharpCook
05-08-2005, 01:09 PM
that's really gay.

IndieMatty
05-08-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yeah im still pretty drunk from last night. don't know why I posted this.

This entire thread is gayer than aids.

SackUp
05-08-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yeah im still pretty drunk from last night. don't know why I posted this.

This entire thread is gayer than aids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gayer than a gay man got gay Aids from doing gay things with gay objects in a gay place with a gay filmer and well you get the point - its GAY!

At least you have reached step one and recognized your problem.

Jazza
05-08-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

Matthew Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

that's gayer than hot man-on-man sex

Luv2DriveTT
05-08-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

Matthew Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats foul, I'm offended. You have obviously never lost a some one to AIDS before.

I'd like to say your comment is gay, but it's not. It's obviously latent however. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

InchoateHand
05-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Don't be so AIDS.

IndieMatty
05-08-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

Matthew Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats foul, I'm offended. You have obviously never lost a some one to AIDS before.

I'd like to say your comment is gay, but it's not. It's obviously latent however. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are serious TT, no disrespect intended. But if anyone got offended by this then I'd like to know why this is foul and people are not offended when people refer to such and such "as a cancer".

AIDs is really bad. referring to really bad things as AIDs seems more appropriate then Gay.

Luv2DriveTT
05-08-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

Matthew Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are serious TT, no disrespect intended. But if anyone got offended by this then I'd like to know why this is foul and people are not offended when people refer to such and such "as a cancer".

AIDs is really bad. referring to really bad things as AIDs seems more appropriate then Gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was serious with my first statement. The second one was me joking because I knew the OP didn't intend to be mean.

My roommate died of aids 12 years ago. He was a good person with a heart of gold, he didn't know he had aids until his last few months alive. Cancer kills just as AIDs kills, but there is an additional stigmata attributed to AIDS that cancer doesn't have hence why I don't feel its right to use the name of this disease to represent something that is considered "gay". The stereotype rings a bit to close to home in my humble opinion.

Now I know I am a bit older than more than 75% of the posters here at 2+2, so perhaps this is something that I have learned with age, or perhaps its just how my personal fabric of life has been woven. I'm not sure what the reason why, but even if I didn't have a close friend (and numerous not-close people who have passed through my life, including the legendary artist Kieth Herring - who was gay I might add) who died of AIDs I think I'd still feel it's an offensive thing to say.

istewart
05-08-2005, 05:10 PM
"Oh man, funny guy that Tom Hanks, everything he says is a stitch."
"I have AIDS."
"Hahahahaha."

bholdr
05-08-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

Matthew Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

how 'bout "that's tasteless."? ("yes! i'm making fun of sick people! look at me!")

Talk2BigSteve
05-08-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

Matthew Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

how 'bout "that's tasteless."? ("yes! i'm making fun of sick people! look at me!")

[/ QUOTE ]

Tasteless??? Now are we offending people with congestion or lack of taste buds???

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

SmileyEH
05-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Thats actually pretty h-mo.

-SmileyEH

Rushmore
05-08-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to know why this is foul and people are not offended when people refer to such and such "as a cancer".

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's because they intend to say that something spreads insidiously, as cancer does.

The way you intend to use AIDS as an adjective, it would appear you are linking it to homosexuality as a negative, and that's why people get offended.

That said, I don't really care all that much. It's just that you asked.

mostsmooth
05-08-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,

Matthew Peter

[/ QUOTE ]
i hope you get aids

IndieMatty
05-08-2005, 07:08 PM
in poor taste. but i really just meant it as a synonym for bad. and to stir the pot.

anyhoooo..umm. sorry.

DBowling
05-08-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The way you intend to use AIDS as an adjective, it would appear you are linking it to homosexuality as a negative, and that's why people get offended.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think its this way, he's not linking it to homosexuality. AIDS is not a homosexual disease, obviously. Right now, people, including myself, say "thats gay" to mean something bad or stupid. OP is offering an alternative phrase for us to use instead of "thats gay," potentially removing the gay=bad link. AIDS is bad, so it makes sense.

IndieMatty
05-08-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think its this way, he's not linking it to homosexuality. AIDS is not a homosexual disease, obviously. Right now, people, including myself, say "thats gay" to mean something bad or stupid. OP is offering an alternative phrase for us to use instead of "thats gay," potentially removing the gay=bad link. AIDS is bad, so it makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

yay!!! you got it.

JackWilson
05-08-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

AIDS is not a homosexual disease, obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna PM you my mother's phone number. It would be much appreciated if you could convince her of this.

Inthacup
05-08-2005, 09:09 PM
hot man-on-man sex

I believe you mean haut mahn sachs

DBowling
05-09-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

AIDS is not a homosexual disease, obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna PM you my mother's phone number. It would be much appreciated if you could convince her of this.

[/ QUOTE ]
you never PMed me the number